The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

corn02

I had a feeling that was Saunders was not sure, what a prat! he has done my head in from the first minute.

The game itself is very dull, Toluse don't look like they want to push forward and the Pool are happy enough to pass about. Babel and Hyppia have been excellent. Not a lot more to note, the goal was super.

Carmen Stateside

The Real Laoislad

If the Pool aren't carefull Toulouse could score they are looking more dangerous
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Norf Tyrone

QuoteDean Saundars is getting on my nerves..Anyone elses?

Paul Elliotts.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 15, 2007, 04:33:52 PM
Dean Saundars is getting on my nerves..Anyone elses?

I quite like him. Even when he's cracking lame gags. Which is most of the time. ;D

The Real Laoislad

He's always saying "when i was playing" he's a pain in the sac so he is
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FermGael

well lads.  Have to say that i am impressed with Liverpool so far.   Good opener against Villa and a controlled performance last night. 
Big game this weekend and one we need to win.  Was watching the review of last season on my flight home from Singapore and we
were really shocking against the other big 3 teams.  If we get a victory this Sunday that would open a 4 point gap on United and thats
nice to have after 2 weeks of the season.  Do youse think that we will do the Heinze deal and if not, you do you think we will move for??
If Carragher picks up an injury(God forbid) we will be in serious diff's!!!
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

gawa316

Gerrard may miss Chelsea match after foot injury
Louise Taylor in the Stade Municipal
Thursday August 16, 2007
The Guardian

Steven Gerrard fears he will miss Liverpool's crucial Premiership match with Chelsea on Sunday and England's friendly against Germany next week after injuring his foot during yesterday's Champions League qualifying tie in the south-west of France.
The midfielder flew back to Merseyside last night with his right foot heavily bandaged having been the victim of a cynical stamp from Toulouse's Achille Emana during the second half.

He was substituted after the incident and immediately headed to the dressing room for ice treatment where he was examined by the Liverpool medical staff.

Great!!

heganboy

not to worry- he's only going to miss england games

Gerrard passed fit for Liverpool

Gerrard was given a tough time by Toulouse
Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has a hairline fracture of his toe but will be fit to face Chelsea on Sunday.

However, manager Rafael Benitez said the midfielder is unlikely to be available for England's friendly against Germany on Wednesday.

"I think he'll be available for Sunday, but if we push him for that he will have to rest afterwards," said Benitez.

Gerrard, 27, took a painful crack on his right foot during the Champions League tie with Toulouse.

Interview: Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez

He was substituted after 61 minutes.

Benitez said: "It's not serious but we have to be careful. It's not a big risk but we can push him and then he needs rest.

"He will need an injection but then he can play without pain against Chelsea.

"I now have to talk to [England coach] Steve McClaren, but he has to understand playing Steven for England will be a big risk for his future."
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hound

Quote from: FermGael on August 16, 2007, 08:30:49 AM
well lads.  Have to say that i am impressed with Liverpool so far.   Good opener against Villa and a controlled performance last night. 
Big game this weekend and one we need to win. 

I disagree. Liverpool have dominated possession in both games, but still the age old problem exists that we havent being creating enough good chances for our strikers. We create the odd one here and there, but when dominating possession, we should be able to create chance after chance. We've relied on screamers to win games - they don't come every game.

However, it will take a while for the new lads to bed in, so performances might be mixed, and its great to be getting wins on the board in the meantime.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2007, 01:39:54 AM
He's ok to play for us at the weekend but he won't be ok to play an international next week.
Likely story.
Take yourself off to fcuk Rafael.

Why does it bother you? Giggs/Old Whisky nose has been doing the same thing for years

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2007, 01:39:54 AM
He's ok to play for us at the weekend but he won't be ok to play an international next week.
Likely story.
Take yourself off to fcuk Rafael.

Eh? ???