Ros V Donegal Hyde Park 21/7/18

Started by Rossfan, July 16, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The world and its brother knew during our awful NFL campaign in 2017 that we needed a defence plan to stop the concession of big scores.
The Mayowestros replay strengthened that view plus showed up our poor S&C.
So we had an off season to fix both but no!
We waved the Nestor Cup at critics and continued doing the same wrong stuff.
What ages are McStay and McHale? Mid 50s and 40s?
How long are they in the Ros gig? 3 years.
When are they going to start this learning process?
When that is complete when will they implement what the rest of the world knew needed implementing in March and August 2017?
I'm fed up of the spin and lack of remedial action.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 07:21:10 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on July 22, 2018, 06:51:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 01:52:50 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 22, 2018, 01:27:57 PM
Roscommon were shit no doubt but I do think Donegal has an all Ireland in them in the coming years. They would make the final this year. They are a very good team.

You were watching a different match it everyone else so. A decent team would have beaten us by 15 yesterday.
Why do you defend the current set up so fervently then? We had a comfortable path into the super 8s, and are being awfully exposed. The team's preparations for this stage of the competition have been woeful, how can you be 3 years in a job and still use strength and conditioning as an excuse?

I defend them because anyone who thinks we're going to be better off with anyone who is likely to replace them are off their tîts on the last of the Christmas port.

You have to have absolutely no understanding of where Roscommon football has sat for most of the last 30 years to think this is a time to wield knives. Back to square one because you don't have the sense to see the forest for the trees. Let a fûcking management learn from their mistake for once in your bloody lives and we might actually make more progress than we already have.

Seriously SLOW learners in fairness Syf....

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 07:21:10 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on July 22, 2018, 06:51:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 01:52:50 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 22, 2018, 01:27:57 PM
Roscommon were shit no doubt but I do think Donegal has an all Ireland in them in the coming years. They would make the final this year. They are a very good team.

You were watching a different match it everyone else so. A decent team would have beaten us by 15 yesterday.
Why do you defend the current set up so fervently then? We had a comfortable path into the super 8s, and are being awfully exposed. The team's preparations for this stage of the competition have been woeful, how can you be 3 years in a job and still use strength and conditioning as an excuse?

I defend them because anyone who thinks we're going to be better off with anyone who is likely to replace them are off their tîts on the last of the Christmas port.

You have to have absolutely no understanding of where Roscommon football has sat for most of the last 30 years to think this is a time to wield knives. Back to square one because you don't have the sense to see the forest for the trees. Let a fûcking management learn from their mistake for once in your bloody lives and we might actually make more progress than we already have.

That is spin. McStay inherited a team that had just risen to Div 1, on the back of our most successful underage success ever (with the exception of possibly 39, early 40s). Other managers (and yes we had some awful ones) did not inherit the same level of talent.

If after 4 years, we are still getting hammered by teams that physically overpower us, and with no semblance of a defensive structure, it will have been a very costly learning exercise.

Have seen no evidence that he is willing to learn unlike Kevin Walsh who took action to solve Galway's defensive issues and upped their physical intensity. By the way, according to our manager's theory, they should have been gassed by now after their performances in the league. I recall you espousing the same view.

PadraicHenryPearse

mcstay also got them to d1 too. won a nestor. we were losing to teams below us in championship prior to him.

I'm not saying he has done great but just better than previous managers. the talent wasnt there it was potential and  players havent delivered like the rossies thought. our expectations are too high imo. we are also very unlucky with injuries and  players opting out and with our small pool of players it doesnt help.

Mayo4Sam

The excuse previous years, especially with Evans when ye lost to Mayo was 'well we're a few years behind Mayo S&C wise'. Ye should have caught up by now, Galway have, they were bullied for a couple of years but not now.
Yesterday you saw Rossies losing the ball in the tackle time and again, it's not good enough. Lads just fucked out of the way by Donegal players. Lennon, Compton, Cregg, Stack all thrown around like rag dolls.
That's all down to management. And it is the basic of the basic!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Orchard park

Mayo4sam

Hye had a lucky escape.....

Mcstay arguably  is a spoofer once it gets beyond playing Leitrim

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on July 22, 2018, 10:57:15 PM
Mayo4sam

D1 semis, promotion, back-to-back AIQFs and a Nestor Cup - some spoofing lad! I think the spoofer here may be you.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 11:04:02 PM
Mayo4sam

D1 semis, promotion, back-to-back AIQFs and a Nestor Cup - some spoofing lad! I think the spoofer here may be you.

Had McStay got the draw Galway got the last three years, we'd have made a quick exit every year. As Mayo4Sam correctly pointed out, Galway decided  to develop a team that would no longer be bullied. We are still waiting and that's on our management.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2018, 11:19:31 PM
Mayo4sam

Had McStay got the draw Galway got the last three years, we'd have made a quick exit every year. As Mayo4Sam correctly pointed out, Galway decided  to develop a team that would no longer be bullied. We are still waiting and that's on our management.

they have better players and that's without some excellent corofin players not on the panel. when we had Sligo 4 years ago we lost. you can only play the team in front of you.

Syferus

Mayo4sam

If if if if had. C'mon, you don't have a leg to stand on - just let him get on with his job without trying to invent another circus. You're part of the faction who have never liked McStay and we all know it.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2018, 12:08:45 AM
Mayo4sam

If if if if had. C'mon, you don't have a leg to stand on - just let him get on with his job without trying to invent another circus. You're part of the faction who have never liked McStay and we all know it.

Already said I like him and the positive way he wants to play football. There's a thing called realism and the big teams don't allow you to to play that way. Something needs to change. Is he the man to accomplish that. Afraid, I don't think we have the luxury of wasting a 4th year on what clearly are not strengths of the two Macs.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on July 23, 2018, 01:05:49 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2018, 12:08:45 AM
Mayo4sam

Already said I like him and the positive way he wants to play football. There's a thing called realism and the big teams don't allow you to to play that way. Something needs to change. Is he the man to accomplish that. Afraid, I don't think we have the luxury of wasting a 4th year on what clearly are not strengths of the two Macs.

If you seriously think he can't get his S&C coach to whip up a more intensive conditioning program and find a tackling coach I don't know what to say. Whoever replaces him in your fantasy world would have to do the exact same things and it would likely take months to appoint them, putting us behind the ball for 2019 immediately. Let the man do the job he was hired to do ffs.

Rossfan

Pity he didn't do it since he was appointed almost 3 fkn years ago FFS!!!
€250k later..
Blind hero worship loyalty v hard evidence.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

D1 semi final  - 3x Connacht finals 1 Nestor and draw in Croke Park in championship Qf. D2 title. Got to S8.

Name another manager at snr since 93 that has done better or even comes close. No hero worship but there has been some progress. Only Monaghan has a population similar to ours are doing better than us.

If the players are good enough which I don't believe they are. Mcstay might or might  not be the right person to take us on but he hasn't deserved the rough ride  he has received from certain rosssies since day 1.

spuds

Listened to game on the radio, seemed to be a big Donegal following there. Has the Roscommon public stopped going to support their own in the usual large numbers?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard