Ros V Donegal Hyde Park 21/7/18

Started by Rossfan, July 16, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Is it time Roscommon went for a Roscommon man to manage them? If so, who would be the ideal ones?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: skeog on July 22, 2018, 10:20:19 AM
Kevin i believe is a retired Army man didnt see much discipline in his behaviour yesterday.

His behaviour was a disgrace. I hope he gets the heaviest possible punishment.

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2018, 12:41:56 PM
Is it time Roscommon went for a Roscommon man to manage them? If so, who would be the ideal ones?

A combined Cake/Paddy Joe ticket would have them running through brick walls.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Blowitupref

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 22, 2018, 10:34:00 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2018, 09:39:08 AM
I am not an "alternative account" of weareros.
Only the hardcore Ros support turned up yesterday. We must have been outnumbered 3 to 1.
If Padraichenry and the Co Board are happy to see ill prepared unfit unconditioned disorganised teams continue to represent Ros .......fair enough.
Attacking posters here won't give the team a defensive structure or game plan that might make us as competitive as we can be v the top teams.
It won't give our team the fitness and conditioning needed to be competitive as we can v those teams.
It won't disguise the fact that after 3 years the management are still acting as if they were in their first FBD competition.

I intend going to Croke Park to give our ill prepared unconditioned players a bit of support in what will likely be a humiliating experience for them.
I hope our younger players don't get put off permanently afterwards.

who are the these players? that are unconditioned? after 3 year we have 3 provisional finals 2 qfs and back in d1. previous 3 years were worst remember Sligo giving us a master class in tactics yet people wanted 1 more year and let's not forget the 25 years before that. no issue if mcstay goes but people need to lol at what we have vs the big teams and readjustvtheir expectations.
The team fades in every game they play as their conditioning and fitness is poor. Not going to name players but a good number them still look like underage age footballers as they haven't bulked up at all. The big teams don't fade and they don't have many if any light players starting on their teams. 

Defensively Roscommon are Cork bad. Played with 13 men back yesterday but for the majority of time they just stood around marking space as Murphy,MacNiallais kicked scores for fun totally unchallenged. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Roscommon were shit no doubt but I do think Donegal has an all Ireland in them in the coming years. They would make the final this year. They are a very good team.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on July 22, 2018, 01:27:57 PM
Roscommon were shit no doubt but I do think Donegal has an all Ireland in them in the coming years. They would make the final this year. They are a very good team.

You were watching a different match it everyone else so. A decent team would have beaten us by 15 yesterday.

manfromdelmonte

Hay Sheerin

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 01:52:50 PM

You were watching a different match it everyone else so. A decent team would have beaten us by 15 yesterday.

They didn't need to waste energy doing that.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on July 22, 2018, 01:03:40 PM

A combined Cake/Paddy Joe ticket would have them running through brick walls.
plus Syf on PR and psy ops
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Depends on their younger players and how they develop as senior footballers. For this year Donegal are more likely to make their championship exit in their next game than reach the final.

The Black Mamba

Why do you defend the current set up so fervently then? We had a comfortable path into the super 8s, and are being awfully exposed. The team's preparations for this stage of the competition have been woeful, how can you be 3 years in a job and still use strength and conditioning as an excuse?

Rossfan

Syf is so far up KMc's rear end it's unbelievable.
He refuses to see what's before his eyes because it belies his personal belief that Mc is the best manager we ever had.
That's bad enough if he'd just piss off and suffer the disappointment but no!!
He's all over GAAboard and stolen-sheep attacking every post and poster that is in any way critical of the manager.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Black Mamba

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2018, 07:10:22 PM
Syf is so far up KMc's rear end it's unbelievable.
He refuses to see what's before his eyes because it belies his personal belief that Mc is the best manager we ever had.
That's bad enough if he'd just piss off and suffer the disappointment but no!!
He's all over GAAboard and stolen-sheep attacking every post and poster that is in any way critical of the manager.
3 years in and the defence is worse, we're taking maughan era like defeats, and conditioning is way off the standard required for this level. A manager he consistently derides in Walsh has just got his county to an AISF ...

Syferus

Quote from: The Black Mamba on July 22, 2018, 06:51:40 PM

Why do you defend the current set up so fervently then? We had a comfortable path into the super 8s, and are being awfully exposed. The team's preparations for this stage of the competition have been woeful, how can you be 3 years in a job and still use strength and conditioning as an excuse?

I defend them because anyone who thinks we're going to be better off with anyone who is likely to replace them are off their tîts on the last of the Christmas port.

You have to have absolutely no understanding of where Roscommon football has sat for most of the last 30 years to think this is a time to wield knives. Back to square one because you don't have the sense to see the forest for the trees. Let a fûcking management learn from their mistake for once in your bloody lives and we might actually make more progress than we already have.

The Black Mamba

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 07:21:10 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on July 22, 2018, 06:51:40 PM

I defend them because anyone who thinks we're going to be better off with anyone who is likely to replace them are off their tîts on the last of the Christmas port. You have to have absolutely no understanding of where Roscommon football has sat for most of the last 30 years to think this is a time to wield knives. Back to square one because you don't have the sense to see the forest for the trees. Let a fûcking management learn from their mistake for ones in your bloody lives and we might actually make more progress than we already have.
But surely those lessons should have been learned after the Mayo drubbing last year? I'm not saying the knives should be out, but the coaching department needs an overhaul in certain areas, our level of conditioning/lack of it is unacceptable imo.