So will Offaly win the Tommy Murphy Cup This year

Started by Maroon Heaven, April 24, 2007, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: turk on April 24, 2007, 01:08:03 PM
How is your indoor golf going MH?

It is going well. Nothing broken yet. Had someone up from Edenderry on a Dublin Stag a few weeks back, needless to say he was charged extra.

Iarmhi Abu.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on April 24, 2007, 01:16:31 PM
Quote from: turk on April 24, 2007, 01:08:03 PM
How is your indoor golf going MH?

It is going well. Nothing broken yet. Had someone up from Edenderry on a Dublin Stag a few weeks back, needless to say he was charged extra.

Iarmhi Abu.

Us midlanders love the Biffos ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

turk

excellent stuff.

I think the longford v westmeath clash is potentially a great one which will define where the counties go in the championship for a few years.

as for offaly i think they will have to go all guns in leinster. i don't think there's a leinster in them. how they approach the tommy murphy cup after that is a matter for management. they may go all guns at it, they may concentrate on trying lads out i don't know.

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: turk on April 24, 2007, 01:46:52 PM
excellent stuff.

I think the longford v westmeath clash is potentially a great one which will define where the counties go in the championship for a few years.

as for offaly i think they will have to go all guns in leinster. i don't think there's a leinster in them. how they approach the tommy murphy cup after that is a matter for management. they may go all guns at it, they may concentrate on trying lads out i don't know.

I know a guy from Croghan who is designing Offaly - Tommy Murphy Champions '07 T-shirts as we speak. He reckons he is going to make a packet outside the bridge House in September

turk

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: turk on April 24, 2007, 01:51:01 PM
I don't think he will make much on them

Has a contact in Texas.

Gonna to churn them out for a tenner. The olde cheap Screen star white shirts

Gnevin

Should  the TM cup have a promotion place on offer?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hardy

Ah - football banter at last! I feel the sap rising.

Just to enter into the spirit of the thing - the Bangladesh analogy is apt, I'd say. Breakaway territory, remote, underdeveloped and poverty-stricken, obsessed with squaring up to its more powerful neighbours, only to be serially swatted. In fairness, though, Bangladesh didn't inflict Foster and Allen on the world.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on April 24, 2007, 01:53:56 PM
Quote from: turk on April 24, 2007, 01:51:01 PM
I don't think he will make much on them

Has a contact in Texas.

Gonna to churn them out for a tenner. The olde cheap Screen star white shirts
Does he really think Offaly men will go around with the name of a Famous Laois Footballer on their t-shirts :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lone Shark

Quote from: Hardy on April 24, 2007, 02:12:25 PM
Ah - football banter at last! I feel the sap rising.

Just to enter into the spirit of the thing - the Bangladesh analogy is apt, I'd say. Breakaway territory, remote, underdeveloped and poverty-stricken, obsessed with squaring up to its more powerful neighbours, only to be serially swatted. In fairness, though, Bangladesh didn't inflict Foster and Allen on the world.

Even in music, the similarity continues. Equally horrendous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4tDjllT4vc&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7O_fwEsXFo

Hardy

:o

At least the Bangladeshis don't arm their gobshites with offensive weapons like accordions.

(Definition of a gentleman: someone who can play the accordion, but doesn't).

turk

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 24, 2007, 02:13:23 PM
Does he really think Offaly men will go around with the name of a Famous Laois Footballer on their t-shirts :)

Well you said you'ld wipe your arse with them so it shows what ye think of yer heroes in Leix

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maroon Heaven

This bangladesh thing has gone too far .

Bangladesh - many people are landless and forced to live on and cultivate flood-prone land; water-borne diseases prevalent in surface water; water pollution, especially of fishing areas, results from the use of commercial pesticides; ground water contaminated by naturally occurring arsenic; intermittent water shortages because of falling water tables in the northern and central parts of the country; soil degradation and erosion; deforestation; severe overpopulation

Flood Prone, Water-borne diseases, intermittent water shortages, soil degradation - We are talking biffland here - Have you also seen a woman from Bandladesh - Dirty faces just like a Biffette