Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 11, 2019, 03:48:57 PM
Glad that he's gone. I didn't think he added anything at all, no insight, no entertainment, nothing.

Time for Spillane and o'rourke to follow him out the door

+1

The three lads are 25 years out of the game as players. None have done anything serious in Management. The game they were involved in is light years away from what we have today.

BennyCake

Are there any pundits you want to keep??

chrissears

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 11, 2019, 04:28:54 PM
Glad that he's gone. I didn't think he added anything at all, no insight, no entertainment, nothing.

I have to say I agree, they were good in their day but now its time to step down. Sky has better coverage at the moment.
+1

The three lads are 25 years out of the game as players. None have done anything serious in Management. The game they were involved in is light years away from what we have today.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 11, 2019, 04:28:54 PM

+1

How many TSG viewers care though ?

"One way of looking at the history of the human group is that it has been a continuing struggle against the veneration of crap."―Neil Postman
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rodney trotter

. Younger viewers would care anyway, as they wouldn't remember O Rourke winning All Irelands or Spillane.
Rochford is in the game and knows the scene.. They had Aaron Kernan a few years ago and he was good.

under the bar

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2019, 05:50:55 PM
Hearing that Br*lly's got the boot from RTÉ gives me a gives me a feeling similar to the one you get after you've spent a damn good 15 minutes on the toilet just letting it get all go, all re'd out! ☺️

Half time & post match analysis might actually be worth watching again.

If people are no longer going to watch RTÉ's football coverage because of this, then please do - the average viewer IQ will then go up several points. Their Hurling coverage doesn't need someone like Br*lly, nor does any station covering soccer, rugby, tennis, athletics, hockey etc. etc.

Rumours that he was sacked for slipping his Mickey into a Croke Park Apple Crumble while attempting to recreate for Joanne Cantwell  the famous scene from American Pie are adjudged to be well wide of the mark!!  ;D

Silver hill

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2019, 05:50:55 PM
Hearing that Br*lly's got the boot from RTÉ gives me a gives me a feeling similar to the one you get after you've spent a damn good 15 minutes on the toilet just letting it get all go, all re'd out! ☺️

Half time & post match analysis might actually be worth watching again.

If people are no longer going to watch RTÉ's football coverage because of this, then please do - the average viewer IQ will then go up several points. Their Hurling coverage doesn't need someone like Br*lly, nor does any station covering soccer, rugby, tennis, athletics, hockey etc. etc.
Oh dear, how bitter!
Some remedial work required on your spelling and grammar as well. Very difficult to decipher what you were saying in that first paragraph. Joe would not be impressed!

thewobbler

I think most of us, deep down, will miss him.

Thinking back uk last week's coverage, the odd thing was that Joe wasn't capable of analysing the match at half time. He seemed upset that Dublin weren't going to pull away. By the end of the match he was back to talking mostly sense.

Reminded me a little of my chain of emotions, when I place a hard earned 20 quid on something and know it's doomed long before the final outcome. 7 stages of grief and all that.

I wonder what stake a barrister must put down to get the same traumas.

Gmac

Is he gone for good or just for this game ?
Listened to ten mins of podcast  that he did with Dunphy and he just couldn't  shut up and let him ask a question even to me that's his biggest problem and it's very annoying on tv or radio .

LeoMc

His style is made for the club circuit, medal presentations and dinner dances. He won't have to compete for the limelight and he can do his shtick and a bit of name dropping for a willing audience.

Main Street

Does Joe not practice any law?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Main Street on September 11, 2019, 08:40:32 PM

Joe is at the stage now where he can pick and choose when he wants to work.

Halfquarter

Is he not employed by the PR department of the Dublin football team !

From the Bunker

Quote from: Halfquarter on September 11, 2019, 10:22:59 PM

Is he not employed by the PR department of the Dublin football team !

Yes, he has done a great job brown nosing them!