Yes
60 (75%)
No
20 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Rossfan

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2015, 11:31:18 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2015, 11:16:04 AM
so what's the Fear ón Sraith solution to income inequality?
A Maximum wage that no one can be paid more than? Minimum wage/social welfare of say €600 per week?
Everyone that can't get a job in the Commercial economy be given a Public Job?
Do enlighten us oul' pal ......

That's the politicians' job, though I can tell you what it doesn't involve, and that's successive budgets that exacerbate the gap by hitting the worst off hardest. This crew have been very good at that.

I'll take that as a NO then.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2015, 02:43:00 PM

Only if you're totally devoid of cop-on: don't give the well-off tax breaks and penalise the poor with each budget.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2015, 02:35:38 PM
What country on Earth is it better to be poor in than Ireland? We have an unreal depth of safety nets here. At worst we'd be one of the best.

You're lacking a serious amount of perspective.

I see your 'safety net' perspective every day, some perspective all right.

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2015, 03:54:46 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2015, 02:35:38 PM
What country on Earth is it better to be poor in than Ireland? We have an unreal depth of safety nets here. At worst we'd be one of the best.

You're lacking a serious amount of perspective.

I see your 'safety net' perspective every day, some perspective all right.

In how many countries is our regular Dole rate of €188 many multiples of either the average wage in a country or what an unemployed person in another Western country can expect to recieve? And this is after all these 'dastardly cuts'.

I have a suspicion that the same people in the north getting up their arses about a United Ireland really don't understand what life is actually like in the south. Just because SF and Joe Hoggins shot about inequality doesn't mean we aren't one of the most equal countries in the world.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2015, 04:05:30 PM
I have a suspicion that the same people in the north getting up their arses about a United Ireland really don't understand what life is actually like in the south. Just because SF and Joe Hoggins shot about inequality doesn't mean we aren't one of the most equal countries in the world.

This is like pulling teeth: so approaching the US's level of income inequality is being "one of the most equal countries in the world"?

Widening Irish wealth gap

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2015, 04:14:21 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2015, 04:05:30 PM

This is like pulling teeth: so approaching the US's level of income inequality is being "one of the most equal countries in the world"?

Widening Irish wealth gap

How rich the rich are matters little to the quality of life that's possible at the other end of the spectrum. If you think being jobless and poor is even comparable between Ireland and the U.S. I don't know what to say.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2015, 04:22:44 PM
How rich the rich are matters little to the quality of life that's possible at the other end of the spectrum. If you think being jobless and poor is even comparable between Ireland and the U.S. I don't know what to say.

You just don't know, period, I'd say, in your ivory tower.

Maguire01

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2015, 11:31:18 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2015, 11:16:04 AM
so what's the Fear ón Sraith solution to income inequality?
A Maximum wage that no one can be paid more than? Minimum wage/social welfare of say €600 per week?
Everyone that can't get a job in the Commercial economy be given a Public Job?
Do enlighten us oul' pal ......

That's the politicians' job, though I can tell you what it doesn't involve, and that's successive budgets that exacerbate the gap by hitting the worst off hardest. This crew have been very good at that.
Seriously, if you can't provide the solution, then how do we know there is one, never mind a feasible one?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 07, 2015, 05:38:57 PM
QuoteThat's the politicians' job[/b], though I can tell you what it doesn't involve, and that's successive budgets that exacerbate the gap by hitting the worst off hardest. This crew have been very good at that.
Seriously, if you can't provide the solution, then how do we know there is one, never mind a feasible one?

I've already answered that, do pay attention!  :P

Anyway, enough of this nonsense with austerity junkies, suffering from Troika munchausen syndrome by proxy, I've a football game to occupy me!  :D

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2015, 03:50:37 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2015, 02:43:00 PM

Only if you're totally devoid of cop-on: don't give the well-off tax breaks and penalise the poor with each budget.

Fear, the taxpayer is paying for the bank crash, private debt, which I think all of us agree, is outrageous.

But are you arguing that, in the event of any future spare capacity, that the taxpayer should continue to carry the same burden while any spare capacity is distributed to those who never contributed anything financially?
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2015, 05:43:00 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 07, 2015, 05:38:57 PM
QuoteThat's the politicians' job[/b], though I can tell you what it doesn't involve, and that's successive budgets that exacerbate the gap by hitting the worst off hardest. This crew have been very good at that.

I've already answered that, do pay attention!  :P

Anyway, enough of this nonsense with austerity junkies, suffering from Troika munchausen syndrome by proxy, I've a football game to occupy me!  :D
Sure you'll have loads of time after tomorrow to come up with costed solutions - no more football to distract you.  :P