The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 25, 2011, 10:58:06 PM
QuoteCanavan is doing very well this year for BBC and could see him being offered a regular slot with RTE. If he takes it or not is another thing.

Is Canavan not a pundit on TV3?

Was last year. Works with BBC this year. Maybe TV3 as well?

magpie seanie

Canavan is/has been on TV3 and is excellent in my view. Would agree with squire there except for the last bit. I think RTE are limited and Des Cahill annoys me (though he is obviously way better at the job than his predecessor). RTE's commentators with the passable exception of Moloney are simply shit. Also, haven't seen Whelan enough to comment.

highorlow

I suppose if its one thing the football lads over the hurling lads is they create talking points.

The hurling pundits would knock you to sleep. They are cat altogether.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Hereiam

In fairness to Des Cahill he let Brolly and Davis go at it..... if that hada been Spillane he would have been buttin in and would have ruined the whole thing. You have to laugh at Brolly....... if u didn't the TV would be out the window.

SuperHo

In fairness, Tony Davis won an all ireland final single handedly.

Just a pity he won it for Derry!!

EC Unique

Quote from: SuperHo on July 26, 2011, 12:14:43 PM

:D :D True.

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on July 26, 2011, 12:17:36 PM

:D :D True.

I think the Ref won that acculade that day!

muppet

Some posters probably don't know the story of what happened Davis that week imho he deserves great credit for even lining out.

I wouldn't have been there if it were me.
MWWSI 2017

Armaghgael

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2011, 04:29:24 PM
Some posters probably don't know the story of what happened Davis that week imho he deserves great credit for even lining out.

What is it?
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Gold

Quote from: Armaghgael on July 26, 2011, 04:32:12 PM

What is it?

what happened?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Orangemac

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 25, 2011, 11:36:07 PM
Canavan is/has been on TV3 and is excellent in my view. Would agree with squire there except for the last bit. I think RTE are limited and Des Cahill annoys me (though he is obviously way better at the job than his predecessor). RTE's commentators with the passable exception of Moloney are simply shit. Also, haven't seen Whelan enough to comment.
RTE need a complete clear out of pundits. Canavan is very good, spot on with his reading of a game and doesn't try to hard to be funny. Conor Deegan is on Newstalk and is also very good and Senan Connell on TV3 isn't bad.

I don't see why they have to be ex players either. Kieran Shannon who used to write for the Tribune used to provide excellent analyis on a weekly basis.

Both TV3 and Newstalk have Liam Hayes for some reason, he is a good talker but it is generally crap.

muppet

Quote from: Orangemac on July 26, 2011, 10:50:00 PM
RTE need a complete clear out of pundits. Canavan is very good, spot on with his reading of a game and doesn't try to hard to be funny. Conor Deegan is on Newstalk and is also very good and Senan Connell on TV3 isn't bad.

I don't see why they have to be ex players either. Kieran Shannon who used to write for the Tribune used to provide excellent analyis on a weekly basis.

Both TV3 and Newstalk have Liam Hayes for some reason, he is a good talker but it is generally crap.

Bertie would be a good laugh. Even better with a sozzled former colleague beside him arguing.

If Spillane and Brolly though people were annoyed at them, imagine how they would react to Bertie.

We should start a petition.
MWWSI 2017

orchard 8195

To be fair davis was extremely harshly sent off that day!!

ross matt

Me neither Muppet. And then wrongly sent off also.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2011, 10:54:03 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on July 26, 2011, 10:50:00 PM

Bertie would be a good laugh. Even better with a sozzled former colleague beside him arguing.

If Spillane and Brolly though people were annoyed at them, imagine how they would react to Bertie.

We should start a petition.

Bertie Ahern ???? that man is a disgrace, cannot stand the little weasel, him and his son and law with there freebies in croker with the best seats, pretending to be dublin fans, hes a pr*ck..........................