The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 21, 2017, 03:15:25 PM
Just watching TSG, two inaccuracies in the first ten minutes - "mayo haven't beaten Kerry in 25 years" from Lyster and "mayo changed their FB for the replay, Brendan Harrison came in to the team" from Brolly

Do these lads do any research at all?  :o
In Brollys case no and never.

dublin7

Just watching TSG, two inaccuracies in the first ten minutes - "mayo haven't beaten Kerry in 25 years" from Lyster and "mayo changed their FB for the replay, Brendan Harrison came in to the team" from Brolly

I think it's safe to say they we're talking about mayo not beating Kerry in the championship and Brolly was talking about Harrison being played at FB. I think some Mayo fans are only looking for excuses to have a moan.

macdanger2

Quote from: dublin7 on August 21, 2017, 05:58:21 PM

I think it's safe to say they we're talking about mayo not beating Kerry in the championship and Brolly was talking about Harrison being played at FB. I think some Mayo fans are only looking for excuses to have a moan.

I know. But unless maths have changed since I was at school, 1996 isn't 25 years ago  :o

omagh_gael

I know its been said many times but jaysus Dessie Dolan is hard to listen to on so commentary. He adds nothing to the experience and runs through the same banal cliche time after time.

mrdeeds

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 21, 2017, 08:38:18 PM
I know its been said many times but jaysus Dessie Dolan is hard to listen to on so commentary. He adds nothing to the experience and runs through the same banal cliche time after time.

He said for Kerry's second goal that he'd be delighted with that finish. A yard out and keeper lying on the ground.

imtommygunn

Agreed. Woeful. Seems a nice enough fella but not good at the commentary at all.

maigheo

Expect to see him in about 20 years time still commentating on games on RTE .Once you get in the door you are there for life no matter how inept you are.

omagh_gael

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 21, 2017, 09:03:40 PM
Agreed. Woeful. Seems a nice enough fella but not good at the commentary at all.

He is a harmless aul soul and seems like a good skin but you want someone that adds meat to the main commentator' s bones. I still think the best football wingman is Kevin McStay, hopefully the Rossies give him the boot.

joemamas

Quote from: maigheo on August 21, 2017, 09:14:31 PM
Expect to see him in about 20 years time still commentating on games on RTE .Once you get in the door you are there for life no matter how inept you are.

Very much so

Aaron Boone

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 21, 2017, 09:18:38 PM

He is a harmless aul soul and seems like a good skin but you want someone that adds meat to the main commentator' s bones. I still think the best football wingman is Kevin McStay, hopefully the Rossies give him the boot.

Manager of Connacht champions 2017, so will be a few years til Kevin back on RTÉ.

Rossfan

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 21, 2017, 11:24:54 PM

Manager of Connacht champions 2017, so will be a few years til Kevin back on RTÉ.
Probably be free from October 2018
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2017, 11:33:44 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 21, 2017, 11:24:54 PM

Probably be free from October 2018

Only in your dreams. You've quit the childish name-calling awfullly fast post July 9th..

Rossfan

Yer slipping up childeen.
Took you 4 minutes to bark ;D
Too busy defending the craven apology to Andy pandy on stolen-sheep I suppose.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Anyone else feel cooper is going down the same road? Find him hard to listen to as opposed to o se who I quite like.

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 22, 2017, 08:06:24 AM

Anyone else feel cooper is going down the same road? Find him hard to listen to as opposed to o se who I quite like.

I'm the opposite, I find Cooper very good so far. Confident and makes some interesting points. O'se isn't as good as he was when he started. You always feel he's leaving a lot unsaid.