The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

What other option had he? If he turned back there was another man behind him, so like so many times he was just stripped of possession. It's tough playing up front on your own. He was getting this abuse all day with the Down full back lucky a few times I felt not to get cards.

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2017, 05:36:45 AM
Wondered how long it would take brolly to throw a dig at sky and he didn't disappoint. Must have been in the first minute! He just couldn't help himself.

proper order. Both Dublin and Tyrone q/f's only on Murdoch's Sky, disgraceful.

vallankumous

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 24, 2017, 12:20:56 PM
What other option had he? If he turned back there was another man behind him, so like so many times he was just stripped of possession. It's tough playing up front on your own. He was getting this abuse all day with the Down full back lucky a few times I felt not to get cards.

I think he needs to lay the ball off quicker. obviously that's not always possible and i don't know if it was possible this time/

Rossfan

Quote from: JoG2 on July 24, 2017, 12:31:52 PM
Wondered how long it would take brolly to throw a dig at sky and he didn't disappoint. Must have been in the first minute! He just couldn't help himself.

Proper order.
The 4 Gaelic Counties on RTÉ, the 4 Anglo/Norman/Protestant Counties on SKY.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2017, 01:38:57 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 24, 2017, 12:31:52 PM

Proper order.
The 4 Gaelic Counties on RTÉ, the 4 Anglo/Norman/Protestant Counties on SKY.

the Mayo threads are missing you

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 24, 2017, 11:16:06 AM
Brolly just can't help himself can he.
Here he was writing in his newspaper article about Ronan O'Neill's lob but then he comes out with..

For the neutral, it made watching the rest of the match worth it. It also showed the importance of real skill and took the bad taste off Sean Cavanagh's roll around on the ground. Down's leader Kevin McKernan got black-carded, a decision that was swiftly rescinded by the CHC when they watched the footage. If Sean isn't taking one for the team, he's taking one off the other team. It is ironic indeed that a man whose cynicism on the field helped create popular support for the black card has become one of its main beneficiaries.

For those of you who didn't see it. Sean had his back to McKernan who runs at him from behind and shoulders him to the ground into his back.

I see also Colm O'Rourke couldn't resist having a pop at us as well, giving out about Morgan's antics though he did commend big Sean for not reacting to the Down's nipple tactics.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/colm-orourke-pinching-a-players-nipple-is-aggravating-and-a-slap-in-the-mouth-is-the-best-reply-35957735.html

He came at him more from the side and while he hit him a bit of a shoulder it didn't really call for Cavanagh's trademark swandive!!

Not that it made a difference in the match but glad to see McKernan is free to play this weekend again.

vallankumous

Between them they're giving this thing some legs.

I haven't seen any reply from Shefflin.
Fecking Sunday game is the headline news after Championship weekend more than the Championship itself.

seafoid

Quote from: vallankumous on July 26, 2017, 01:30:39 PM
Between them they're giving this thing some legs.

I haven't seen any reply from Shefflin.
Fecking Sunday game is the headline news after Championship weekend more than the Championship itself.

Michael Duignan Retweeted 

Gavan Reilly‏Verified account @gavreilly · Jul 24 

Davy Fitz: RTE should "get analysts who have been on the sideline"

Me: Here is @duignanmichael managing Meath, before he managed Offaly

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Duignan never managed Offaly. He was a selector for a while.

vallankumous

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 26, 2017, 01:49:53 PM
Duignan never managed Offaly. He was a selector for a while.

Yip, he also said he managed kids teams.

seafoid

When you are discussing a successful coach," sports psychologist Bruce Ogilvie once said, not of Ramsay but of the entire profession, "you are not necessarily drawing the profile of an entirely healthy person."
― David Halberstam, The Breaks of the Game

That definitely applies to some of the top hurling managers

"I have no idea, Marty. Did you check all the other frees as well to see were they dodgy? [Uneasy laughter] Maybe you should. Maybe you should."

"What did you think of the referee overall; do you think he allowed a lot to go?

and it's a very different skillset to being a TV analyst

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

DuffleKing

We're at the height of summer with Championship games coming think and fast in all codes. What has been the lead sports story on the RTE Sport website all morning? That's right, another RTE pundit making an "impassioned" defense of his existence.

Tells you all you need to know about RTE.

vallankumous

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 26, 2017, 02:24:25 PM

We're at the height of summer with Championship games coming think and fast in all codes. What has been the lead sports story on the RTE Sport website all morning? That's right, another RTE pundit making an "impassioned" defense of his existence.

Tells you all you need to know about RTE.

That's been the case for years. It's the same right across RTE sports and Entertainment.
They produce a show and then use their other productions to promote them. TSG will always be the reference point in RTE news.

When Brolly had his rant about Sean Cavanagh, it was played over and over again all week in RTE news. The same thing happened Diamuid Conolly more recently. His name was dragged back and forth through different RTE departments while they discussed Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane.

Applesisapples

Whatever about Duignan, I love Davy Fitz, I reckon RTE need a Davycam. I don't know him personally but he exudes passion and will to wim.