The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2017, 05:43:09 PM
Martin Carney is one blabbermouth throughout the whole game and manages to say nothing.

How is that gobshite still on the telly? Announces at start of second half McCarthy gone to midfield Kilkenny to centre forward. What game was he watching in first half  ;D

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2017, 08:01:17 AM
They have beefed up the analysis with Shefflin in the hurling and Gooch for football. These are two of the greatest players of the modern era. And it's interesting to watch the dynamics of the clowns when they talk to them. The big question is how the 2 legends will influence the discourse.  Will they manage to drag the clowns to a higher standard? Or will they fall to the level of the clowns and start talking shite ?

Gerlock was on after the Cork Tipp match writing poetry to Munster hurling , so happy that Henry could share it.

I actually think Shefflin is one of the weakest hurling pundits
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bennydorano

Thought Aaron Kernan was very good, obviously has the in depth knowledge of the Armagh scene to help.

omaghjoe

Quote from: bennydorano on July 17, 2017, 11:45:31 PM
Thought Aaron Kernan was very good, obviously has the in depth knowledge of the Armagh scene to help.

Mighta been but I couldna understand a word he said

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2017, 12:44:36 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 16, 2017, 10:28:41 PM
Sunday Game have sank to new depths. Ranking 12 counties and then sticking camogie analysis in the middle of the programme. Then shove the qualifier matches at the end of the programme.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0716/890735-sunday-game-panel-debate-football-rankings/

What a completely useless piece of analysis the ranking was. "Aaron, you put Donegal one place higher than the other lads, what's the thinking there?" Utterly pointless!
That was never a square ball!!

sensethetone

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 18, 2017, 06:36:28 AM
Sunday Game have sank to new depths. Ranking 12 counties and then sticking camogie analysis in the middle of the programme. Then shove the qualifier matches at the end of the programme.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0716/890735-sunday-game-panel-debate-football-rankings/

What a completely useless piece of analysis the ranking was. "Aaron, you put Donegal one place higher than the other lads, what's the thinking there?" Utterly pointless!

The hype Des put into these top 12 lists was unreal, then when the panel was ready to name them they all turned over a sheet of paper, didn't want any coping or they'd all have to start again.

manfromdelmonte

no offence to the Camogie, but surely they are deserving of their own highlights programme?
same with the Ladies Football?

Hardy

Quote from: Minder on July 17, 2017, 11:22:00 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2017, 08:01:17 AM
They have beefed up the analysis with Shefflin in the hurling and Gooch for football. These are two of the greatest players of the modern era. And it's interesting to watch the dynamics of the clowns when they talk to them. The big question is how the 2 legends will influence the discourse.  Will they manage to drag the clowns to a higher standard? Or will they fall to the level of the clowns and start talking shite ?

Gerlock was on after the Cork Tipp match writing poetry to Munster hurling , so happy that Henry could share it.

I actually think Shefflin is one of the weakest hurling pundits

joemamas

Quote from: sensethetone on July 18, 2017, 07:47:49 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 18, 2017, 06:36:28 AM

The hype Des put into these top 12 lists was unreal, then when the panel was ready to name them they all turned over a sheet of paper, didn't want any coping or they'd all have to start again.

I had the misfortune of listening to the Marty squad last Sunday evening, I figured there might have been some insightful analysis after the two provincial finals.

Boy was I wrong.

Instead, I got Marty interviewing supporters after the game and providing his usual geography lesson, this time it was Newbridge and the Bog of Allen. Then continued to talk about how husband and wife met, etc etc... and it even got to a sister in law.

Same Sh*te from the on the ground reporter in Clones.

Meanwhile back in the studio, Keith Barr followed up every comment with "Ya know what I mean"

A former Kildare footballer (not 100% sure of name) pipes up after giving his analysis, "well now Kildare have to get ready for Monaghan who they face in two weeks"  totally incorrect, Nobody even bothered to correct him despite their being a draw on RTE the next morning.

Pure cringeworthy.

In a time slot where you have such a captive audience looking for some decent analysis, you would think that RTE would make a serious effort to produce something of half quality. I don't live in Ireland, but are there any radio shows on competing radio stations that take advantage of this crap and have a proper show at this time slot.

I saw Michael Deignans comments on SKY, he should be put in a room and be forced to listed to that show.

Bart McQueen

Quote from: Tubberman on July 10, 2017, 10:53:54 AM
Quote from: criostlinn on July 10, 2017, 09:54:39 AM
Quote from: mackers on July 09, 2017, 11:29:51 PM
Thought Tomas Quinn was excellent tonight.

RTE must be under severe pressure from sponsors to get back in Dublins good books.

Like ffs, the Commercial and Marketing Manager for Dublin GAA brought on as a pundit on the show.Can nobody see the irony of this after the ass Jim Gavin made of himself a couple of weeks ago. I could only laugh when I seen him talking about zoomed in grainy footage of Cillian O'Connor that shows nothing

I completely forgot he was in that role. That HAS to be a pander to Dublin GAA to try to smooth relations. Could you imagine if they invited on the Mayo PRO as an analyst ffs!
You're spot on about the Cillian O'Connor incident - even zoomed in, there is nothing to see, yet they choose to highlight that over the many ACTUAL red card incidents that occurred in games over the weekend.
Dublin and Kerry men trying to sew the seed in referees minds for further down the line - their media machines are working very nicely. Des Cahill is either complicit in it or doesn't even see what's going on around him   ::)

We do mayo always blame someone else for their failing. We in kerry doing on talking on the pitch

2012 Joe Brolly media campaign
2013 Joe McQuillian not playing more time
2014 Cormac Reilly
2016 dublin media campaign

Esmarelda

We do Kerry people not spel buttercup

maigheo

Jeez Brolly has to be the worst analyst ever.He has about 10 false statements in about 2 minutes of analysis

square_ball

Eventually we get the camogie highlights. Been waiting on this all weekend.

mrdeeds

I can't believe they didn't discuss Murphy black card.

Enjoying the debate and they cut to camogie.

Aughafad

The sunday game has been finished as a show of any great importance long ago. Once they put Des Cahill up front and skipped any real analysis to just having ex players throw out a few sound bites.
As a fan any highlights package should highlight the contentious decisions that occurred and then give their view not pander to the joe brollys, pat spillanes and colm o rourkes of this world.