The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 07, 2017, 03:18:13 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 07, 2017, 07:15:02 AM
Love this argument by brolly that sky tv pundits prepare and tsg dont. I think tsg pundits need to prepare.

That hilarious, is he saying they are better cos they prepare??

And was he not saying the other week that Spillane read from a script regarding Connolly?
in fairness Brolly was always an advocate of amateurism
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Fuzzman

I think it's gas the way TSG are showing this archive footage where you can see Spillane and O'Rourke trudging out the same rubbish back 20-30 years ago.

When you read some of the articles from Darragh O'Se & Jim McGuinness you get a much more insightful image of our modern game rather than listening to the very biased and rehatched stuff from the older members on TSG.
A lot of the newer younger lads are much more quiet and easily influenced.

Remember last year Whelan said that Kerry had a structured plan to push the whole team up on Dublin's kickout at that precise moment that they got the 1st goal but Brolly as usual spoke over him and told him not at all and it just happened that way.

They try to modernise it every so often and this latest crap with the social media icons at the start is such a feeable attempt.
Soundbites is the main part of TSG as a few people have said.

It's a pity TV3 or Eir Sports etc couldn't do a weekend roundup of the games and bring a bit of competition to TSG. You can tell Brolly and Co are annoyed with Sky's coverage as he keeps referring to it and mocking Canavan and Co saying "Wasn't it a great game and everything is lovely".

twohands!!!

Quote from: joemamas on July 07, 2017, 02:09:07 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on July 07, 2017, 01:00:55 AM
Quote from: Mayo Border on July 06, 2017, 08:08:09 PM
https://youtu.be/T_G-_brZsEY

What a wonderful and rare glimpse into the knowledgeable depths of Dessie Dolan's intellect. In this preface to the Mayo Derry game he explains on live TV in crystal clear fashion why he expects Mayo to win. Among the reasons were the fact that Keith Higgins got sent off the previous week, while Colm Boyle was demoted to the bench that day. Relevance to the Derry game which was about to commence I hear you ask? You won't understand because you haven't been blessed with Dessies superior insight. His eloquence of speech is up there with Joyce and his tangled masterpiece Ulysses. You didn't understand that either did you? He goes on to the subject of Aidan O'Shea and reveals that there are many questions surrounding the man. For obvious reasons he doesn't actually go into Aidan's questions but further explains that there are wider questions about the Mayo team. Such brilliant ability as a punter, what a masterstroke by RTE to have procured his services, it enhanced the whole experience. I eagerly await the next installment Saturday evening.

Good man Dessie. Brilliant stuff

The man is not too swift, that is for sure.
I am beginning to believe that RTE couldn't give a sh*te about what they dish out in relation to gaelic football. Hurling is pretty decent, if you can mute Marty and Ger doing the commentary.

Yeah not one for conspiracy theories but watching RTE and the utter dreck they are putting out I'm reminded of the line from James Bond  "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action"

When you look at all the various issues around RTE and football, a lot of the time it's hard to shake the notion that it's not enemy action, when you have inept commentators and pundits who have been in situ for years.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: hardstation on July 07, 2017, 04:49:24 PM
Rte have the same set up in soccer. 3 miserable aul b**tards gurning for this last 20 odd years.

Their head of sport has no balls.

Oh, he's got balls alright, oval shaped ones.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Syferus

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 07, 2017, 04:52:10 PM
Rte have the same set up in soccer. 3 miserable aul b**tards gurning for this last 20 odd years.

Oh, he's got balls alright, oval shaped ones.

Given they've lost most of the rugby that joke is well past its sell-by date.

Esmarelda

In fairness to the soccer boys, they've had about twelve years of hoof ball to put up with. How do you analyse the same rubbish differently from game to game?

Targetman

Ah no, Dessie Dolans' on co commentary!!

armaghniac

Quote from: rrhf on July 09, 2017, 03:49:30 PM
The Sunday game graphic video preview designer is a lunatic.

No harm to see someone trying something different.

Some crowds at the hurling this year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

5 Sams

Brendan Cummins was excellent today with Marty for the Munster Final.
The Aristocrat Years

Main Street

Marty was excellent, he was pitch perfect.

Kilkevan

Henry waited in the long grass to get Donal Og for trying to show him up on The Sunday Game a few years ago but when he got him he got him good!

tonto1888

There is some difference between the football and the hurling pundits

ONeill

Far too nice though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 09, 2017, 10:16:03 PM
There is some difference between the football and the hurling pundits

One of them even looks like a woman!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

What's this bollocks with camogie players on every week now ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"