The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on September 02, 2012, 11:49:46 PM
Quote from: Seany on August 15, 2012, 05:38:22 PM
I actually think McStay is the best of the lot of them.

Hundred %.

He is annoying with his buzz words, but he looks at a game and analyses it. He does not insult counties with cheap shots.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Cant take to Mc Hugh at all. He seems to be very fond of the snide remarks too often for my liking, it was embarassing last night too how often him and Davis cut across Marc Ó Sé .

johnneycool

What was that skit about with the lad pretending to be someone else going through the crowds before the game about?

Was car crash stuff.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Cant help but think mchugh wanted dublin in the final, to beat us out the gate, god hes awful bitter....................................... Brolly is wearing thin too at this stage, his lack of respect towards non ulster counties is shocking, always tries to laugh it off as a joke

Im really hoping mcstay is not commentating in the final, as Ill be routing for the mayo buckos, however that man could easily turn ya the other way

screenexile

I'm glad people are wise to McHugh now. We've known about his bitterness in Derry for a long long time. Now he's on the Sunday game people can appreciate how much of a tool he is!

Jinxy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 02, 2012, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on September 02, 2012, 10:16:04 PM
Marc Ó Sé did well not to lamp that tool Davis tonight. Ignorant hoor.

Thought the same myself, poor lad sitting between McHugh the Muppet and the Davis the king of the muppets. What does Davis be going about anyway, he is not right in the head.

It's total stream of consciousness stuff.
If you asked him what he had just said as soon as he was finished speaking, he wouldn't be able to tell you.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 03, 2012, 09:38:12 AM
Cant help but think mchugh wanted Dublin in the final, to beat us out the gate, god hes awful bitter....................................... Brolly is wearing thin too at this stage, his lack of respect towards non ulster counties is shocking, always tries to laugh it off as a joke

I'm really hoping mcstay is not commentating in the final, as Ill be routing for the mayo buckos, however that man could easily turn ya the other way

Have to agree, I generally agree/accept Brolly's point of View, However yesterday game wasn't over five Min's, when he spewed the poisonous " Biggest winner here is Donegal" comment, really sickened my hole, could not give us Mayo folk the chance to enjoy the victory. Maybe he had a prepared analysis/theory on Donegal V Dublin final, and had no plan B.

Mchugh seems to have small man complex, needs the attention, resulting in silly comments.

Davis is an utter and complete clown, the most unprepared analyst I have ever seen. Did any of you see his patethic ramble last week, Whealan and Mchugh just stayed quite and let him dig himself a bigger hole to climb out of, comical to Say the least. Again, as they say, "he must have pictures on somebody", otherwise maybe he pays RTE to be on the show, hair and makeup included.

Mcstay is by far the best analyst, could smile now and again, as he does come across as a bit dour.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 02, 2012, 10:16:04 PM
Marc Ó Sé did well not to lamp that tool Davis tonight. Ignorant hoor.

+1 Ignorant hoor is right. Himself and McHugh gave me a headache as they tried to shout over everyone else with some incoherent waffle. Closest I've come to turning off TSG.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

RMDrive

Quote from: joemamas on September 03, 2012, 03:44:43 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 03, 2012, 09:38:12 AM
Cant help but think mchugh wanted Dublin in the final, to beat us out the gate, god hes awful bitter....................................... Brolly is wearing thin too at this stage, his lack of respect towards non ulster counties is shocking, always tries to laugh it off as a joke

I'm really hoping mcstay is not commentating in the final, as Ill be routing for the mayo buckos, however that man could easily turn ya the other way

Have to agree, I generally agree/accept Brolly's point of View, However yesterday game wasn't over five Min's, when he spewed the poisonous " Biggest winner here is Donegal" comment, really sickened my hole, could not give us Mayo folk the chance to enjoy the victory. Maybe he had a prepared analysis/theory on Donegal V Dublin final, and had no plan B.

Mchugh seems to have small man complex, needs the attention, resulting in silly comments.

Davis is an utter and complete clown, the most unprepared analyst I have ever seen. Did any of you see his patethic ramble last week, Whealan and Mchugh just stayed quite and let him dig himself a bigger hole to climb out of, comical to Say the least. Again, as they say, "he must have pictures on somebody", otherwise maybe he pays RTE to be on the show, hair and makeup included.

Mcstay is by far the best analyst, could smile now and again, as he does come across as a bit dour.

You were doing just fine till you got to this point.

Asal Mor

Just downloaded and watched TSG. Was cringing watching Davis as well. He must be pound for pound the most annoying hoor on TV . Makes me want to fire the the ketchup bottle at the screen. Marc O Se must have been on the verge of slapping him.

Celt_Man

Aye definitely thought Davis and to a lesser extend McHugh were cutting across Marc O'Sé on Sunday night.

But surely it's Des Cahill's job to stop that from happening... i.e. make a point of going back to Marc with a comment along the lines of "Sorry Marc you had something to say before the two boys made their point, go ahead now..." 

Martin and Tony would have to get the point then?!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

yellowcard

Just flicking through this thread and nobody has anything positive to say about Davis. He rambles and sometimes makes no sense, shouting across the other guests soo that he is heard. Marc O Se spoke well but Davis chirped in a few times before he had time to finish what he was saying. Its amazing how he is still employed by RTE. At least Brolly and Spillane make the programme interesting and have a humourous side to them as well.

McStay is one annoying man doing co-commentary but is actually quite good in the studio. Very strange how RTE put him on co-commentary for Sundays game with him being a Mayo man.

McHugh whilst nowhere near as annoying as Davis sometimes rambles as well even though he does actually make some good points. Loves to start sentences with 'Its interesting .....'

Who will Martin Carney be supporting in the final?

Crete Boom

Quote from: yellowcard on September 04, 2012, 02:20:48 PM
Just flicking through this thread and nobody has anything positive to say about Davis. He rambles and sometimes makes no sense, shouting across the other guests soo that he is heard. Marc O Se spoke well but Davis chirped in a few times before he had time to finish what he was saying. Its amazing how he is still employed by RTE. At least Brolly and Spillane make the programme interesting and have a humourous side to them as well.

McStay is one annoying man doing co-commentary but is actually quite good in the studio. Very strange how RTE put him on co-commentary for Sundays game with him being a Mayo man.

McHugh whilst nowhere near as annoying as Davis sometimes rambles as well even though he does actually make some good points. Loves to start sentences with 'Its interesting .....'

It'll be a tough one for him and while he had some great days with Mayo especially in 1985, I'd say he have to go for the county of his birth and he did play and win an (I think) an Ulster title with Donegal in 1974

Minder

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 04, 2012, 02:43:30 PM

It'll be a tough one for him and while he had some great days with Mayo especially in 1985, I'd say he have to go for the county of his birth and he did play and win an (I think) an Ulster title with Donegal in 1974

Very much so.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

joemamas

Quote from: Minder on September 04, 2012, 04:29:40 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on September 04, 2012, 02:43:30 PM

Very much so.

I really couldn't say for certain