The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Jez, The Sunday game on at (Nearly) 11pm. Feck it's a Sunday night and a weeks work is ahead. Plus if i want to see football. I'll have to watch main highlights of the Hurling that were on during the day before and nobody will want to see that coz Cork and Kilkenny won!

I'm off ta Bed. Night Night. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  :'(

stew

All Spillane had to do was simply to retire from playing and maybe work with the Kerry minors, then the U21's and after a while he could have become a long time Kerry manager, a lot of us in here who had the privilege of watching him play at his best rated him as one of the all time greats.

when i think of him now all I think of is that he is a less articulate version of Dunphy and is about as likeable to boot, it is a shame that he has tarnished the peoples view of him, he was tremendous back in the day and now he is seen as two ends of a dogs bollocks!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on July 29, 2012, 10:58:41 PM
All Spillane had to do was simply to retire from playing and maybe work with the Kerry minors, then the U21's and after a while he could have become a long time Kerry manager, a lot of us in here who had the privilege of watching him play at his best rated him as one of the all time greats.

when i think of him now all I think of is that he is a less articulate version of Dunphy and is about as likeable to boot, it is a shame that he has tarnished the peoples view of him, he was tremendous back in the day and now he is seen as two ends of a dogs bollocks!

The opposite with Gary Neville.

screenexile

Joe didn't do himself any favours there. His salient point of Kerry not winning the big games when it's put up to them may have some merit but saying Gooch is a choker to try and demonstrate it was very very stupid I would say!

Cringey stuff!

AFS

Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2012, 12:15:52 AM
Joe didn't do himself any favours there. His salient point of Kerry not winning the big games when it's put up to them may have some merit but saying Gooch is a choker to try and demonstrate it was very very stupid I would say!

Cringey stuff!

Why were they wasting five minutes of the show on the stupid mutterings of one of their resident gobshites anyway? Does anyone give that much of a f**k, especially when that five minutes could've much better spent beefing out the pathetically short highlights of the four qualifiers.

seanog

Quote from: AFS on July 30, 2012, 12:34:47 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2012, 12:15:52 AM

Cringey stuff!

Why were they wasting five minutes of the show on the stupid mutterings of one of their resident gobshites anyway? Does anyone give that much of a f**k, especially when that five minutes could've much better spent beefing out the pathetically short highlights of the four qualifiers.

So true, whoever is responsible for setting out the show in general should be fired. It's badly done imo, we're down to the last eight, they spent so little time analysing the games for next week yet they could spend a few mins showing us BBrogans hero Mick Galvin. I tend to find it all very disappointing , their needs to be a whole new revamp for next year, they need to find out what the GAA enthusiast wants to be watching and hearing, worthwhile stuff, not the same bllomin rhetoric we'll read in the papers tmrw.

Tubberman

I don't even watch the night-time programme of The Sunday Game anymore. It offers nothing - the highlights they show focus on the games that were already shown live. You only get some news report type coverage of the other games.
And the "analysis" is pathetic - it would just annoy me to watch that.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Premier Emperor

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2012, 10:49:35 PM
Jez, The Sunday game on at (Nearly) 11pm. Feck it's a Sunday night and a weeks work is ahead. Plus if i want to see football. I'll have to watch main highlights of the Hurling that were on during the day before and nobody will want to see that coz Cork and Kilkenny won!

Hurling is as much a part of the GAA as football.
Pity the likes of you see it as a nuisance!

armaghniac

I think the point is that both hurling games had earlier been shown live.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 30, 2012, 11:07:56 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2012, 10:49:35 PM

Hurling is as much a part of the GAA as football.
Pity the likes of you see it as a nuisance!

Note: i said the main highlights that were on during the day which i watched (in real time) and did not want to watch again.

Look you are from Tipperary and it's important to you but in the North Western half of the country, We are outsiders in this Elite game, we have as much of a connection when watching Hurling as watching Man Utd!

Denn Forever

I watch the highlights show on TG4 on Saturday morning.  Just the games with some interviews with Managers.  And they also show good highlightd of the Minor games.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

From the Bunker

Just watched the Brolly Spillane spat on The Sunday Game on the RTE Player. I do not see Colm Cooper as a Choker, but i do see merit in Brollys argument that Kerry as a Team have choked when it has been put up to them in tight games. I found Spillane annoying the way he tried to fog  of the argument with no stats, just look at the medals, but his demeanour looked uncomfortable and i think Brolly struck a chord that dwells deep in the Kerry psyche.

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 30, 2012, 04:20:49 PM
I watch the highlights show on TG4 on Saturday morning.  Just the games with some interviews with Managers.  And they also show good highlightd of the Minor games.

Yeah, TG4 are on the money.

ballinaman

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2012, 04:30:11 PM
Just watched the Brolly Spillane spat on The Sunday Game on the RTE Player. I do not see Colm Cooper as a Choker, but i do see merit in Brollys argument that Kerry as a Team have choked when it has been put up to them in tight games. I found Spillane annoying the way he tried to fog  of the argument with no stats, just look at the medals, but his demeanour looked uncomfortable and i think Brolly struck a chord that dwells deep in the Kerry psyche.

Agreed, as much of a bollix that Brolly is, he did have a point...at least enough for the lads to engage in a debate. Didn't like the way Spillane and Lyster were almost laughing at him

Premier Emperor

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2012, 04:08:08 PM
Look you are from Tipperary and it's important to you but in the North Western half of the country, We are outsiders in this Elite game, we have as much of a connection when watching Hurling as watching Man Utd!
It's your own loss if you take that attitude.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on July 30, 2012, 04:34:03 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2012, 04:30:11 PM

Agreed, as much of a bollix that Brolly is, he did have a point...at least enough for the lads to engage in a debate. Didn't like the way Spillane and Lyster were almost laughing at him

Yeah, instead of chairing the argument Lyster became part of the Spillane side which took from a good point ad did not let the debate develop. Poor review of Quarter-finals. Total disrespect for Laois, who are there on Merit and deserved more than a 'No' analysis. The rest of the analysis was wishy washy, but maybe that's all their standard of analysis is up to.