Author Topic: The Sunday Game  (Read 413175 times)

ballinaman

• MWWSSD
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunday Game
« Reply #4935 on: August 08, 2017, 08:33:29 PM »
Two Connacht teams contested yesterdays AI QF. Not a Connacht commentator in sight (I lie, Michael Lyster)! Instead we had the three Stooges. Co-commentary was from a Derry man. The lack of a Connacht commentator is a real gripe with me. Where is O'Hara? Connacht men always understand local Connacht rivalry better.

Considering you could have had Martin Carney I wouldn't be complaining. He has got the All Ireland final the last few years and should let go by RTE. The man hasn't got a clue what's going on a lot of the time and can't relate to modern day football

Martin Carney was doing co commentary for Mid West Radio.

They announced about 20 mins before throw in that Keegan wasn't starting...

Carney then proceeded to go through the team just before throw in and said "Lee Keegan at 6"

FFS.  >:(

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: August 13, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »
I thought Donal óg was decent on match analysis today, streets ahead of the shite we get for the football

stringbean

• View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: August 13, 2017, 10:02:04 PM »
I thought Donal óg was decent on match analysis today, streets ahead of the shite we get for the football
Have to agree - he was on the ball calling out the football coverage from the 00s. Loughnane and Shefflin were fairly on the back foot.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

• View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: August 13, 2017, 11:20:02 PM »
RTE missed out on not getting Tommy Walsh, a far better Kilkenny pundit than Shefflin.

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: August 14, 2017, 08:15:58 AM »
RTE missed out on not getting Tommy Walsh, a far better Kilkenny pundit than Shefflin.

He's brilliant.
2008 GAA Spreads Winner

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: August 14, 2017, 08:40:55 AM »

He's brilliant.
Mr Jackie Tee is excellent as well..
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: August 14, 2017, 09:37:04 AM »

He's brilliant.
Mr Jackie Tee is excellent as well..

Jackie in his dapper suits knows how to keep his profile high, the odd wee controversial comment but by and large he's on the button and not afraid to speak of the "dark arts" he and his fellow defenders in Kilkenny would have dabbled in when the need arose.

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: August 21, 2017, 03:15:25 PM »
Just watching TSG, two inaccuracies in the first ten minutes - "mayo haven't beaten Kerry in 25 years" from Lyster and "mayo changed their FB for the replay, Brendan Harrison came in to the team" from Brolly

Do these lads do any research at all?  :o

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: August 21, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »
Just watching TSG, two inaccuracies in the first ten minutes - "mayo haven't beaten Kerry in 25 years" from Lyster and "mayo changed their FB for the replay, Brendan Harrison came in to the team" from Brolly

In Brollys case no and never.

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: August 21, 2017, 05:58:21 PM »

I think it's safe to say they we're talking about mayo not beating Kerry in the championship and Brolly was talking about Harrison being played at FB. I think some Mayo fans are only looking for excuses to have a moan.

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: August 21, 2017, 08:18:03 PM »

I think it's safe to say they we're talking about mayo not beating Kerry in the championship and Brolly was talking about Harrison being played at FB. I think some Mayo fans are only looking for excuses to have a moan.

I know. But unless maths have changed since I was at school, 1996 isn't 25 years ago  :o

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: August 21, 2017, 08:38:18 PM »
I know its been said many times but jaysus Dessie Dolan is hard to listen to on so commentary. He adds nothing to the experience and runs through the same banal cliche time after time.

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: August 21, 2017, 08:41:46 PM »
I know its been said many times but jaysus Dessie Dolan is hard to listen to on so commentary. He adds nothing to the experience and runs through the same banal cliche time after time.

He said for Kerry's second goal that he'd be delighted with that finish. A yard out and keeper lying on the ground.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: August 21, 2017, 09:03:40 PM »
Agreed. Woeful. Seems a nice enough fella but not good at the commentary at all.

maigheo

• View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: August 21, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »
Expect to see him in about 20 years time still commentating on games on RTE .Once you get in the door you are there for life no matter how inept you are.