He told you so...

Started by Uladh, May 17, 2007, 04:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Greenan is a complete kn0b
The man has no shame at all

rosnarun

the more practical point oabout all this is that the croke park surface is constanly changing / even this year the amount of slipping and sliding that happened in the final leagues stages was pathethic . To not let people acclimatize to the pitch is actually endangering players welfare. Ask Beano Macdonald.
Slighly off the point I am beginning to hate the shadow Croke park cast over the GAA It hald insuch reverence it is now bedinning to affect its usefulness. I think Quinn was right we built a good stadium now get over it and move on to the next big Idea.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

lynchbhoy

I think Mr. Greenan is a nice man.

Crazy fcuker though!
:)

full back

Quote from: rosnarun on May 18, 2007, 10:55:03 AM
the more practical point oabout all this is that the croke park surface is constanly changing / even this year the amount of slipping and sliding that happened in the final leagues stages was pathethic . To not let people acclimatize to the pitch is actually endangering players welfare. Ask Beano Macdonald.
Slighly off the point I am beginning to hate the shadow Croke park cast over the GAA It hald insuch reverence it is now bedinning to affect its usefulness. I think Quinn was right we built a good stadium now get over it and move on to the next big Idea.

Ah Jaysus, you cant say that Beano got the injury because he didnt acclimatize (sp) to the pitch ::)
What reason do you give for other people this injury has affected?

Hardy

Quote from: rosnarun on May 18, 2007, 10:55:03 AM

I agree on all fronts. It's not just stupid, but also arrogant and dismissive to deny teams access to the pitch, especially since it's the failure of the management to provide a proper surface that necessitates such access in the first place. I can't see how Croke Park management can get away with allowing the tenants almost unlimited access while denying it to its own members.

And yes – can we stop congratulating ourselves and start fixing the problems and dealing with the issues, not just with the stadium (fixing the surface and finishing the stadium, for a start), but also the real problems bedevilling the association and the game – creeping professionalism and the pay-for-play agenda, diving, cheating and injury feigning, refereeing standards and rules problems, promoting the games, club vs. county, etc.

lynchbhoy

slightly off topic
but the pitch is still causing people to slip and slide
I dont know if additional access to Croker would help lads choose the right boots
it seems this surface is one that will cause fellows to slip/slide etc irrespective of whatever style of studs/blades / six inch nails they use.

I have a fear that the surface is in need of a review...

Additional access for all county teams (esp ones that will be competing there- say a week or so in advance for a training session) would be a good move.