Cheeky Dubs

Started by Dinny Breen, May 15, 2007, 01:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Any volunteers for searching out forkins legendary post to celebrate his return to the board? Was one of the all time greats...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

full back

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=1871.0

Just for you Croi
knifeinfork edited his original post, but read down & you will see the kisses
CLASSIC :D :D

Kerry Mike

QuoteKERRY - DONE. NO MOYNIHAN NEIGH NEIGH NIEGH. not THAT HE WOULDVE COped with the brogan bros anyway. the basketball frweak? AS 2UNLIMTED SAID ""No No No No No No No No".

Do you remember the last round of the League in Parnell Park this year: Dublin 2-07 .v. Kerry 1-12

Which saw the Jackeens sent packing off to Division 2, a certain Bernard Brogan was taken off and replaced by his brother who only scored 1 point. Are these the Brogans Bros we're to be afraid of.

And Kerry were missing Darragh O'Se, Tommy Griffin, Paul Galvin, Declan O'Sullivan and Kieran Donaghy from the starting line up, not to mention Seamus Moynihan and Mike McCarthy from last year. And to top it off beat the Jackeens with a midfield of Micheal Quirke and Seamus Scanlon. The Jackeens at full strength playing at home needing a win could not again produce the goods.

As you can imagine we are not too worried about the wellbeing of the Jackeens this year.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

tayto

That was all part of cafferys masterplan to have a shite league and lul yez all into a false sense of security.

losing to meath-kildare could be an extension of that plan ...  :-\ :-\ :-\ :(

hmmmm

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 16, 2007, 12:34:06 PM
QuoteKERRY - DONE. NO MOYNIHAN NEIGH NEIGH NIEGH. not THAT HE WOULDVE COped with the brogan bros anyway. the basketball frweak? AS 2UNLIMTED SAID ""No No No No No No No No".

Do you remember the last round of the League in Parnell Park this year: Dublin 2-07 .v. Kerry 1-12

Which saw the Jackeens sent packing off to Division 2, a certain Bernard Brogan was taken off and replaced by his brother who only scored 1 point. Are these the Brogans Bros we're to be afraid of.

And Kerry were missing Darragh O'Se, Tommy Griffin, Paul Galvin, Declan O'Sullivan and Kieran Donaghy from the starting line up, not to mention Seamus Moynihan and Mike McCarthy from last year. And to top it off beat the Jackeens with a midfield of Micheal Quirke and Seamus Scanlon. The Jackeens at full strength playing at home needing a win could not again produce the goods.

As you can imagine we are not too worried about the wellbeing of the Jackeens this year.

Good man Kerry Mike

I wonder has he forgot last August in Croker - 2 wides  ;D, or down in Castlebar this year when Dublin couldn't score in the Second Half, against a Mayo team with no Ciaran MacDonald, no Ronan McGarrity, not David Brady & no Trevor Mortiomer to name just a few  8)

Or how about against Tyrone 2 years ago  ::), or Kerry 3 years ago in the Championship  ;).

full back

Don't forget Armagh 5 years ago ;)

his holiness nb

All these posts are being saved and e-mailed to Pillar for inspiration !

I see Fornkinife is fond of the Cork ladies btw

"Nothing i like moree that ramming it down the throats of rebels"
Ask me holy bollix

Fishead_Sam

Sorry how could I forget they manage to beat Laois 2 out of 3 times. That seems to be the Evening City Edition (DUBLIN) Herald or the Evening National (Leinster - I love their definition of National - Leinster, ha ha, seems that they only discover Ulster, Munster or Connacht after another Dubs bitchslap from Mayo, Tyrone, Donegal or Kerry) Herald base their entire views of the All-Ireland on Dublin beating Laois.

full back

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 16, 2007, 12:55:01 PM
All these posts are being saved and e-mailed to Pillar for inspiration !

I see Fornkinife is fond of the Cork ladies btw

"Nothing i like moree that ramming it down the throats of rebels"

Are you sure it's the ladies holy one?

tayto

Yea the herald being a 'national paper' bit is stretching it a bit alright, i think they just mean you can buy it nationwide. it's about the only paper that covers dublin club games. sher, ye all have yer local papers as well.

Gnevin

Quote from: tayto on May 16, 2007, 01:22:42 PM
Yea the herald being a 'national paper' bit is stretching it a bit alright, i think they just mean you can buy it nationwide. it's about the only paper that covers dublin club games. sher, ye all have yer local papers as well.
What was the Laois paper from last year that said they would laugh the Dubs off the pitch?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Gnevin on May 16, 2007, 01:28:39 PM
What was the Laois paper from last year that said they would laugh the Dubs off the pitch?

That was the Laois Nationalist Gnevin.
Of course the fact that it was one of two tongue in cheek pieces written fron the point of view of two journalists (one a local, one a Dub we condescended to let work in Laois ;)) was completely ignored by the rag that is the Herald which instead used a bit of selective quoting from the Laois journalist's humourously intended piece to invent a story.
Heres the two articles - make up your own mind.

http://archives.tcm.ie/laoisnationalist/2006/06/22/story23210.asp

http://archives.tcm.ie/laoisnationalist/2006/06/22/story23211.asp
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

lynchbhoy

stretching it calling it a newspaper too if ya ask me  :P

Bensars

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 16, 2007, 12:23:59 PM
Any volunteers for searching out forkins legendary post to celebrate his return to the board? Was one of the all time greats...

Was that the one where he tried to tarnish the name of an Ulster football county team and ended up revealing to the world that he had given paula a dose , and he himself was on the tablets ?

tayto

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 16, 2007, 02:29:55 PM

stretching it calling it a newspaper too if ya ask me  :P

true enough, only buy it for me Dublin GAA section of a tuesday.