Club Managers Money

Started by Captain Scarlet, December 19, 2017, 01:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 20, 2017, 12:58:09 PM
We still appoint in House and have no outside coach this year at all. We have had a fitness coach for the last number of years but not anymore. All management free of charge.

I honestly don't know how anyone could take money from their own club

Yeah doesent sit right with me either
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossfan

Hard to bate th'oul amateur sport. .........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 20, 2017, 12:58:09 PM
We still appoint in House and have no outside coach this year at all. We have had a fitness coach for the last number of years but not anymore. All management free of charge.

I honestly don't know how anyone could take money from their own club

Same as that. There are chairs and secretarys who sometimes do more. However ypu never hear of them being paid.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

manfromdelmonte

instead of paying an outside manager our club could have new ballstop nets bought every two years.

we're still waiting for the ball stop nets. for ten years

tonto1888

I have heard Damian Barton will be getting a fortune for managing Edendork this coming year

Captain Scarlet

Managing the local club is fecking a thankless task unless you win things. There is always a history and backstory element. If a lad is taking a wedge too, then the grief would make it even worse.
The problem is that when one crowd do something in the GAA the outside man is the magic bullet. Unfortunately, by the time they are found out the year is wasted along with minimum 10k.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Orchard park

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 22, 2017, 02:21:02 PM
Managing the local club is fecking a thankless task unless you win things. There is always a history and backstory element. If a lad is taking a wedge too, then the grief would make it even worse.
The problem is that when one crowd do something in the GAA the outside man is the magic bullet. Unfortunately, by the time they are found out the year is wasted along with minimum 10k.

most are sussed before Patrick's day

befair

Paying outside managers has been a pernicious development in club football. It's our own fault, of course, every club has good experienced people who might be willing to take their turn for a few yrs, but "no man is a prophet in his own country." 

Ty4Sam

Think the horse has bolted with this one. Soon it'll be the norm that club men get paid to manage which will cause major problems within clubs. A way to sort it is for congress to pass a motion that any member of a management panel has to be a member of the same club for at least the previous 3 years. Won't happen but also even if it did there will be a loop hole found.

rrhf

Yes it could be simply dealt with.

tiempo

Out of interest what would you expect to pay a trained PT taking a group of 6 lads through some weights and a circuit for 90mins a session?

mrdeeds

I know my own club have had a club man that had to be paid. We've also had an outside manager that refused anything and he has managed other teams and that is his attitude. Last year our three lads on managemnt team were all outsiders. Manager wouldn't take money (ex County manager and doesn't need the money), our trainer didn't take anything but we had to pay the S and C guy. It's like life, some lads are in it for quick buck and some are in it for right reasons.

ApresMatch

I personally wouldn't be taking money off my own club if I was senior manager. If I was managing another club I would never do it for nothing.

DuffleKing

Quote from: tiempo on January 14, 2018, 10:05:33 PM
Out of interest what would you expect to pay a trained PT taking a group of 6 lads through some weights and a circuit for 90mins a session?

90 min gym sessions? The only thing I'd be giving that boy is the road

Dougal Maguire

I have heard it suggested that Justin McNulty, MLA is getting a fortune for managing Killeavy
Careful now