Money going to grassroots

Started by mrdeeds, September 20, 2016, 06:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

I'm fed up hearing how money always is redistributed to clubs from gates etc. Just today I saw Hill 16 Facebook page are looking for more tickets or boycotting a league game. One argument was about how the Dubs fill Croker and all the money trickles down. This argument is always made about how unique the GAA is. I've being involved as a Club secretary and regularly attend the AGM. Not once during treasurer's report have I saw in income column any reference to headquarters. All income is self funded. In fact the the expenditure there is the large bill going the other way to the County Board.

heffo

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 20, 2016, 06:37:16 PM
I'm fed up hearing how money always is redistributed to clubs from gates etc. Just today I saw Hill 16 Facebook page are looking for more tickets or boycotting a league game. One argument was about how the Dubs fill Croker and all the money trickles down. This argument is always made about how unique the GAA is. I've being involved as a Club secretary and regularly attend the AGM. Not once during treasurer's report have I saw in income column any reference to headquarters. All income is self funded. In fact the the expenditure there is the large bill going the other way to the County Board.

Income would come from grants for capital projects via the Provincial council - Croke Park doesn't help fund the outside coach on €200 a week

mrdeeds

heffo

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 20, 2016, 09:58:28 PM
So it goes to some clubs.

No, there is no application or validation process, you have to opt out and text STOP to a Croke park number if you don't want to get the money

muppet

Quote from: heffo on September 20, 2016, 10:01:28 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on September 20, 2016, 09:58:28 PM
So it goes to some clubs.

No, there is no application or validation process, you have to opt out and text STOP to a Croke park number if you don't want to get the money

Gimme that number, I want to text 'Go'!
MWWSI 2017