LSFC Meath v Kildare

Started by Dinny Breen, May 01, 2007, 10:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Meath team (from hoganstand.com, so take it with a health warning) - no change from the team that started against Roscommon:

B Murphy

E Harrington
D Fay
N McKeigue

C King
A Moyles
S Kenny

M Ward
N Crawford

N McLoughlin
K Reilly
P Byrne

S Bray
B Farrell
J Sheridan.

Gnevin

Quote from: Jinxy on May 16, 2007, 09:30:10 AM
They are widening the turnstiles so the average Dublin fans porter belly can fit through without getting wedged. ;D
To true according to Nickey we are all 16 or 17 stone fat bastards , who ruin his grass
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jinxy

Call me a hopeless optimist but I think we've a very good chance of taking this one.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Declan

Will be looking at this one with a bit of interest. Despite their injuries I'd have the Lilywhites as slight favs but can Meath be as bad again as they have been over the last few years??

Jinxy

I think we may have turned a corner and there's a bit of structure to the team now. Then again, I have a history of being wrong about stuff like this.

Jinxy

The sun is shining and I'm heading to HQ to watch the first round of the championship. Life is good! Best of luck to everyone else on their travels around the country today. Some of us will be disappointed (and by some of us I mean some of ye ;)) but at least there'll be a second bite at the cherry. The summer starts here!

HON THE ROYLE! ;D

thejuice

A Boy Jinxy, were going to do it. C'mon the Royals!!!!!.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dinny Breen

Congrats Meath....

But you were up against a Kildare side that looked flat from the start  and who played with no passion or zest. Meath were the better of two poor sides in a poor game with the poorest championship atmosphere I can ever remember. Bad bad day for Kildare, I honestly don't know where Kildare football is heading, one thing is for sure John Crofton doesn't know that answer to that ponder either.

Meath can only get better and will go in as massive underdogs against the Dubs, might just suit them.....

BTW, Moyles was my man of the match and young Harrington looks a fine prospect...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 20, 2007, 09:14:03 PM
Congrats Meath....

But you were up against a Kildare side that looked flat from the start  and who played with no passion or zest. Meath were the better of two poor sides in a poor game with the poorest championship atmosphere I can ever remember. Bad bad day for Kildare, I honestly don't know where Kildare football is heading, one thing is for sure John Crofton doesn't know that answer to that ponder either.

Meath can only get better and will go in as massive underdogs against the Dubs, might just suit them.....

BTW, Moyles was my man of the match and young Harrington looks a fine prospect...

I disagree about the two poor teams comment. Kildare didn't really turn up plus they were missing their first choice midfield and Meath could have won by a cricket score but for some wayward kicking. I honestly think Meath have the makings of a decent team and will improve for the Dublin game.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 20, 2007, 09:14:03 PM
Congrats Meath....

I'd agree with Dinny,It was two poor teams against each other and the atmosphere was dreadfull,Wicklow seemed to have more support than anyone IMO
You'll Never Walk Alone.