Provincial Championship Draws - All Ireland - Burn Out

Started by Clinker, October 15, 2015, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on October 15, 2015, 10:54:18 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 15, 2015, 10:16:26 PM
I let out a Yelp when I heard the draw. It matters plenty.

I unnerstand. Chance to get right back at Sligo.

But what the hell was Dessie Dolan rabbiting on about at all?

In fairness I suppose, it's a hard sell at this time of the year. Surely this could wait til new year and people have a bit of appetite again.

I don't know if you're serious Moy but playing the other arch nemesis in a QF is always a fuckton of fun and a chance of revenge against Sligo is fantastic motivation. We'll worry about Mayo or Galway if we actually get that far.

For counties that failed to live up to expections today is the day it all starts again. And honestly Mayo are in the same group as us in that sense

omaghjoe

Haha the inbreds....Class!

Should give them a right walloping, pity they none of them will see it tho as their support has dwindled to nothing lately

Hoping for Donegal again, but sure if we meet them in the final it will do rightly.

Time to take back the Anglo Celt

INDIANA

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 15, 2015, 11:30:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 15, 2015, 10:08:54 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 15, 2015, 09:10:48 PM
Quote from: Rudi on October 15, 2015, 09:04:05 PM
Ny v  ros / pel rd
Leitrim v ros 1/4 f
Ros v sligo / semi
Galway /Mayo v ros / final

4 games, Galway and sligo have only 2 games if they win semi.

My favourite is Munster. Cork and Kerry get byes into semifinals and kept apart. Like all of Dublins games are played in Croke Park, this is a money issue!

Point of order, the Munster finalists are seeded into the next years semi final. If tipp manage to upset cork, assuming they get over Waterford, then in 2017 it would be tipp and Kerry seeded.

We patiently await the Tipp breakthrough.

Living on a prayer if you ask me

tippabu

Avoiding kerry the big thing for us. Down in kilarney could take a decent hiding which would knock us back. Playing cork in Thurles is a  much less daunting task

AZOffaly

Worried about the managerial appointment though. The lack of movement makes me think it will be a very low key appointment, which will not be what they need. Tipp have the tools to give Cork their fill of it, especially if Cork are not firing, but if they struggle through the league, then next year will be a waste.

The league is vital for Tipp. As the lads are alluding to, Tipp needs to be operating at a much higher level, for a sustained period, to really make the breakthrough, especially if the breakthrough is to be anything more than a flash in the pan.

The next appointment is critical.

GJL

Bingo

Its beyond farcical that the draw is made now for this. Total dead rubber and just gives excuse to county panels to get back together now and start the cycle again.

Far better doing this draw near the end of the national leagues and build up a level of excitement about it.

Who really cares at this stage. 

ck

Quote from: hardstation on October 16, 2015, 12:15:23 PM
Fermanagh away again. I'm pissing my pants in anticipation.  ::)

Antrim still with same manager? Surely if best players won't play they need to look elsewhere. Maybe they should do a "Mayo"?

Overall the draws appear quite dull with only Ulster providing big early games

Man Marker

shock, horror, Ulster the ONLY province to get excited about.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bingo on October 16, 2015, 12:35:59 PM
Its beyond farcical that the draw is made now for this. Total dead rubber and just gives excuse to county panels to get back together now and start the cycle again.

Far better doing this draw near the end of the national leagues and build up a level of excitement about it.

couldn't agree more.
I can never figure out the logic of making the draw now.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rossfan

Enables HQ and the provinces to make an annual fixture list in good time.
And it gets a bit of space for GAA affairs in the rubby and soccer pages of the papers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnneycool

Quote from: Rossfan on October 16, 2015, 02:19:35 PM
And it gets a bit of space for GAA affairs in the rubby and soccer pages of the papers.
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 16, 2015, 01:43:57 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 16, 2015, 12:35:59 PM

couldn't agree more.
I can never figure out the logic of making the draw now.

Can they not do these draws closer to the time?

Might mean more in March or April next year than now!

Quote from: Rossfan on October 16, 2015, 02:19:35 PM

Provinces can work out the dates without knowing the teams, its hardly rocket science.

JoG2

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 16, 2015, 04:56:44 AM
Haha the inbreds....Class!

Should give them a right walloping, pity they none of them will see it tho as their support has dwindled to nothing lately

Hoping for Donegal again, but sure if we meet them in the final it will do rightly.

Time to take back the Anglo Celt

Mind that bloodthirsty Farney animal grabbing McCann's hair and pulling him to the ground with brute force? Can't see that happening @ CP

Rossfan

Quote from: johnneycool on October 16, 2015, 02:22:35 PM
Provinces can work out the dates without knowing the teams, its hardly rocket science.
Leinster might have hurly/football double headers -can't fix them if ya don't know the teams.
Helps exiles plan their holidays too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM