Meath vs Kildare 1st July 12 Croke Park

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, June 17, 2012, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: thejuice on June 21, 2012, 09:56:24 AM
Referee is Michael Collins. Sure what chance do we have now.

No friend of Kildare either and a dodgy ref in general. Could end up 13-a-side.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Muck Savage on June 21, 2012, 07:54:52 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 20, 2012, 10:08:12 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on June 20, 2012, 09:30:12 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on June 20, 2012, 01:11:31 PM
You can mention the incident but I think it's very bad judgment to name a player when this is complete speculation. Indeed I'd wonder if it's libel.

Any 'evidence' is about as reliable as Chinese whispers at this stage and yet this now attaches itself to the player's reputation. I really think the administrators should remove the player's name.

As BNM points out the Ref booked him for it but pretty sure it won't make it's way into any Referees report because this sort of stuff gets brushed under the rug. It a pretty nasty sort of a crime and hope this isn't what's going to creep into the game, the time to address it is early on. If he wasn;t booked for this what was the booking for?

As AZ points out, the Offaly CB are unlikely to try follow up on this but it still doesn't make the crime any worse.

The two of them were wrestling on the ground off the ball. It was the linesman that brought this to the referee's attention and presumably it was him that recommended both players be booked for wrestling with one another. If either official clearly witnessed one player deliberately biting another do you seriously think the referee would deem only a yellow card to be a suitable punishment?

To accuse a player of deliberately biting another is a serious allegation to make and therefore it should be properly investigated and if intent is proven then the perpetrator should face a long ban because of the vile nature of the act. Trial by internet however is to nobody's benefit.

Look, the lad was clearly irate with what happened, after he showed it to the Ref he took action to book the player. Sure you can get into a he said she said after the wrestle on the ground, but the Ref took action after he saw the marks and called the player back.

I'm very confused how someone can bite someone else "by mistake", hitting or kicking by mistake, yeah you could argue, but locking jaws on a lad.

I'll take BNM advice and let sleeping dogs ......

No the referee took action upon consulting with the linesman.

It's the last time I'm going to comment on the matter anyway because mud sticks and unless and further investigation takes place then the matter is closed. Us lot discussing it on an internet forum is a pointless exercise.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Declan

Think Kildare will win it but Collins will do his best to ruin the game

Royalranter

Whatever chance we had went out the window with that appointment. Everytime I go to a match that Collins refs, I have hear somebody saying ' They shot the wrong Michael Collins'
Let em know your there

Hardy

As Eddie Moroney would say, a bollocks of a ref.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 22, 2012, 01:06:49 AM
He clearly hates us.

Big Joe brought more appropriate attire back from the States, I see.

Ard-Rí

Someone in Croke Park has it in for us ... other than Michael Collins, obviously.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2012, 02:37:05 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 22, 2012, 01:06:49 AM
He clearly hates us.

Big Joe brought more appropriate attire back from the States, I see.

I remember that guy :D From the XFL when they were allowed put whatever they want on their jersey. Rod Smart is his real name, actually went on to play in a Superbowl with Carolina afterwards.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hardy on June 22, 2012, 12:54:34 AM
As Eddie Moroney would say, a bollocks of a ref.

Oh to hear Marty one day utter "And the ref is looking around and acting the mickey."
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ross4life

After many years of poor refereeing it's unbelievable how Collins is still given high profile games.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Donnellys Hollow

Callaghan returned to full training last night only 3 weeks after his operation. It'd be a big boost to Kildare if he can play some part.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 22, 2012, 08:17:31 PM
Callaghan returned to full training last night only 3 weeks after his operation. It'd be a big boost to Kildare if he can play some part.

I heard he went to America for replacement parts alright.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Man of Kent

My Kildare ante post voucher is already burning a hole in my pocket! If I ask nicely I reckon PP might pay out early.

AZOffaly

Quote from: ross4life on June 22, 2012, 07:44:12 PM
After many years of poor refereeing it's unbelievable how utterly predicatable that Collins is still given high profile games.

To borrow a phrase, fixed that for you.