FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: BennyCake on September 11, 2018, 02:44:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2018, 01:13:15 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 11, 2018, 10:01:57 AM
Interesting that Mick McCarthy has said very little since Siapan yet he's becoming more and more believable.

I think McCarthy said/done enough at Siapan

Maybe so, but the ineptitude of the cowboys in the FAI played a big part in what happened there.

Lads it's not 2002. Leave it there.

AZOffaly

Only one man for the job. International Experience. Will do what needs to be done. And can collect money door to door in buckets if needs be.

Big Sam, welcome back.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 11, 2018, 04:48:59 PM
Only one man for the job. International Experience. Will do what needs to be done. And can collect money door to door in buckets if needs be.

Big Sam, welcome back.

I'd love this simply because it would add a bit of entertainment to the grim stuff we serve up on the field.

BennyCake

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 11, 2018, 04:13:08 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 11, 2018, 02:44:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2018, 01:13:15 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 11, 2018, 10:01:57 AM
Interesting that Mick McCarthy has said very little since Siapan yet he's becoming more and more believable.

I think McCarthy said/done enough at Siapan

Maybe so, but the ineptitude of the cowboys in the FAI played a big part in what happened there.

Lads it's not 2002. Leave it there.

It's not? Ah ffs.

Orior

Good old Roy Keane. A hero for every bully, or those aspiring to be a bully.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

maldini

Quote from: Syferus on September 11, 2018, 05:22:09 PM

Big Sam, welcome back.

I'd love this simply because it would add a bit of entertainment to the grim stuff we serve up on the field.

People said that when Keane got the job as assistant.

What do you think Sam would be doing. Stand up comedy gigs in the press conferences or what?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: maldini on September 12, 2018, 09:24:01 AM
Quote from: Syferus on September 11, 2018, 05:22:09 PM

Big Sam, welcome back.

People said that when Keane got the job as assistant.
Yep, and Keane is delivering exactly that.
He's keeping the Irish team on the front and back pages of the papers and generating a bit of a buzz.

seafoid

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/comment-the-stats-make-for-grim-reading-and-the-fai-need-to-get-robbie-keane-on-board-now-37334506.html

"Shane Duffy has scored as many Premier League goals already this season as any Irish player did in the whole of last term.
The Brighton man, often Ireland's main goalscoring threat, headed his second league goal of the season in the 2-2 draw against Southampton on Monday.
Last season, Ciaran Clark, Jeff Hendrick and Shane Long were the only Irish players to hit the magical two mark.
Here is another frightening stat that should send alarm bells ringing all around Abbotstown: Last year, Irish players had their worst goals return in England's top flight since 1963.
As pointed out by Nathan Murphy on Twitter, Irish players scored 70 goals in the first season of the Premier League in 1992/93. Last year it was 11."

#Jaysus

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Yeah but Shane Long had a poor season last year. Which probably made things look worse.

70 goals in 92/93 - who would have got the bulk of those? Big Quinny, Townsend, Houghton, Keane, Irwin, Staunton, Sheridan, McGrath etc. that's a quare load of goals considering there was only one Irish striker. And Quinn was hardly prolific.

red hander

Shane Long also started a fair few games from the bench, which is going to skew the stats