The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

2016 was the year of the third party candidate....people are completely fed up with the Democrats and Republicans

Without the super delegates, the press bias and DNC corruption,  Bernie could have and should have won the Democratic nomination

The people who put Trump over the edge in the swing states are people who voted for Obama once if not twice.......think about that for a moment.

A lot of people are being left behind.....middle America is hurting.  Healthcare is a disaster, blue collar jobs are disappearing and folks are losing hope.The burden of paying taxes is falling on fewer and fewer people. 

Politics of division plays very well in this environment......tell people theyre victims and that youre going to right some wrong that was perpetuated upon them

Its all very depressing

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on June 01, 2018, 09:17:04 AM
I wouldn't vote conservative but I do respect the ideology. Conservative means keeping things steady and thinking about the future but maybe less about people.

Trump is no conservative. Neither is the GOP a conservative party.  Slashing taxes in the middle of a managed depression is economic vandalism.  Climate change denial is pure evil.

There is nobody for conservatives to vote for.

A typo? We're not in a depression. The criticism is that he's trying to stimulate the economy in a time of full employment, which leads to inflation, rising interest rates, and a recession not long after (probably when a Democrat has taken office and can get the blame for it). Certainly is economic vandalism.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 01, 2018, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 01, 2018, 09:17:04 AM
I wouldn't vote conservative but I do respect the ideology. Conservative means keeping things steady and thinking about the future but maybe less about people.

Trump is no conservative. Neither is the GOP a conservative party.  Slashing taxes in the middle of a managed depression is economic vandalism.  Climate change denial is pure evil.

There is nobody for conservatives to vote for.

A typo? We're not in a depression. The criticism is that he's trying to stimulate the economy in a time of full employment, which leads to inflation, rising interest rates, and a recession not long after (probably when a Democrat has taken office and can get the blame for it). Certainly is economic vandalism.
It's not a typo. Interest rates are on the floor. Only that and central banks buying up bonds prevent a stock market crash. Wage growth is pathetic. Debt is out of control.
The next crash will kill the dollar , partly because of the tax cut. There won't be anyone to lend money to the US when its deficit is 10-15% of GDP.
Employment is not full either. Labor Participation is very, very poor.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Insane Bolt

Could anyone other than the Donald have done a deal with N Korea?

seafoid

Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 12, 2018, 06:30:34 PM
Could anyone other than the Donald have done a deal with N Korea?

Robert E Kelly‏ @Robert_E_Kelly ยท
Post-presser, let's just say it: Trump is a dove on North Korea. There is nothing 'strong' about the following: 1. Gave the summit for nothing. 2. Ducked human rights. 3. Gave up milex with S Korea for no concrete concession. 4. Declared desire to remove USFK, also for nothing /1

Robert E Kelly‏
reciprocally defined. 5. Kicking around a peace treaty, also tied to no specific concession. 5. Criticized SK as cheap-skates, bc Guam-based bombers are costly. Apparently jet-fuel is so expensive, it's worth casting aside a 60-year ally and friend. (Try to imagine Fox's   /2

response if Obama had said something that petty.) Abe worried that Trump would throw Japan under the bus over short-range missiles. Actually he's doing that to South Korea. If we don't get something enormous for all this, this is very depressing.  END

Eamonnca1

Someone's going to have to explain to me why the Iran deal was a bad one and why this is a good one.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 12, 2018, 07:05:01 PM
Someone's going to have to explain to me why the Iran deal was a bad one and why this is a good one.

Israel and Saudi Arabia

dec

Someone's going to have to explain to me why the Iran deal was a bad one

because Obama did it

and why this is a good one.

because Trump did it.

whitey

While its a right wing take, its worth reading

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/iran-nuclear-deal-disaster-from-the-start/

Eamonnca1

I stopped reading at "National Review." Give me a credible source.

seafoid

Trump is claiming that family separation is a democrat policy.
What a cnut

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on June 18, 2018, 08:57:51 PM
Trump is claiming that family separation is a democrat policy.
What a cnut

I thought the bible told them to do it... oh and also it's not true!!

armaghniac

Obama did the first one, Trump did the second one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mrdeeds

The US withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council.

J70

Brings a tear to your eye, the nobility of this administration and the right wing. Apparently a majority of Republicans support ripping toddlers away from their mothers at the border. Christianity... family values... pro-life... morals...

But then those poor people aren't really humans... just criminals and statistics.