lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 01, 2012, 10:47:30 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 01, 2012, 10:43:54 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 01, 2012, 10:33:56 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 01, 2012, 10:29:17 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 01, 2012, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 01, 2012, 10:09:57 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2012, 09:54:11 PM
Nally, your criticism of O'Snodaigh counts for nothing, because you try to diminish his actions with your usual whataboutrory.

My criticism counts for nothing in your opinion. I suspect that's really because there's an uncomfortable truth in what I have been saying....that people like you just enjoy having a pop at a shinner, but don't really give a shite that a state minister has been up to a lot worse that AO'S and don't wan't that pointed out. If you think I should be angry at O'S, then surely you should be furious at Quinn. Whataboutery? Nope, just shining some light on your faux-outrage.

Bit of a reverse of fortunes eh  ;)

Nally, perhaps this should be your wake up call as to how despised SF are in the Republic.

No, I look at the mass indifference to a government minister pocketing tax payers money as a testament to how the 26 counties got itself into it's current mire.

Nothing to do with the fact that the majority of people from the Republic have an attitude to SF that varies between hate and disgust. Lucky for you many are just indifferrent to you.

Seems most just don't give two shits about getting robbed by a state minister. Shameful indifference given our recent history.

But they hate you (SF/Provoira) more  8) At war (or criminal activites to be more accurate) with our Republic, Army and Gardaí for most of our lifetimes might not have endeared you to the people of the Republic.
the latest polls would suggest otherwise mayo
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

trueblue1234

I can't believe people on this thread are tying the two things together as if they were both wrong on the same level. One with legitimate ( All be it ridicules) costs and one where it would allegedly look like fraud for personal game.

And yet Nally is being chastised for pointing out one is a hell of a lot worse than the other.  :-\
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

muppet

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 05, 2012, 08:36:00 AM
I can't believe people on this thread are tying the two things together as if they were both wrong on the same level. One with legitimate ( All be it ridicules) costs and one where it would allegedly look like fraud for personal game.

And yet Nally is being chastised for pointing out one is a hell of a lot worse than the other.  :-\

He is being chastised for hiding O'Snodaigh's actions behind 'What about Ruairi Quinn?'. He is also being chastised for his refusal to call for O'Snodaigh's resignation while calling for Quinn's resignation. He is also being chastised for again hiding behind the you only want to 'have a pop at a Shinner' line which is a de facto defense of O'Snodaigh and all things Sinn Féin. I am a taxpayers and voter and am fully entitled to criticise a wayward TD as I see fit.

He also stands accused of hiding behind sematics to trivialise O'Snodaigh's actions, as both as issues regard a grotesque waste of taxpayers money and both involve abuses of the system. Quinn's may have a legal twist (with probably zero chance of a conviction thanks to our legislation) but equally O'Snodaigh's toners cost the taxpayer many multiples of what Quinn's claims did.

In conclusion both, should either provide a legitimate explanation or resign their seats.
MWWSI 2017

trueblue1234

I disagree.

He hasn't hidden behind any actions. Here's his first post on this one before other people came running in with their whataboutary.

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 29, 2012, 01:56:48 PM
So O'Snodaigh is rightly taking flack for his printing addiction, but I can't help but feel Ruairi Quinn must be sitting up in his office for the past couple of days laughing at how nobody cares that he has managed to:

• put in a claim for 2,800km mileage expenses for a month when he spent nine days at work. Around 1,800km more than his own diary would account for;
  • and on another month claimed mileage expenses covering over 5,100km despite his his official diary during that month only justifying payment for about 884km in expenses.

A handy little bit of personal profiteering from the taxpayer. Does anybody care though?

So I would ask, is Nally not allowed to critise a wayward TD as he see's fit aswell without people running into the what about O'S's? And I would disagree about the sematics of the two issues. The issue of a TD defrauding the taxpayers for his own benefit is much worse than what has happened in O's' case in which case the TD was incompetent but not deceitful.
Things are bad if people can't see the difference in the two.

muppet

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 05, 2012, 11:39:12 AM
I disagree.

He hasn't hidden behind any actions. Here's his first post on this one before other people came running in with their whataboutary.

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 29, 2012, 01:56:48 PM
So O'Snodaigh is rightly taking flack for his printing addiction, but I can't help but feel Ruairi Quinn must be sitting up in his office for the past couple of days laughing at how nobody cares that he has managed to:

• put in a claim for 2,800km mileage expenses for a month when he spent nine days at work. Around 1,800km more than his own diary would account for;
  • and on another month claimed mileage expenses covering over 5,100km despite his his official diary during that month only justifying payment for about 884km in expenses.

A handy little bit of personal profiteering from the taxpayer. Does anybody care though?

So I would ask, is Nally not allowed to critise a wayward TD as he see's fit aswell without people running into the what about O'S's? And I would disagree about the sematics of the two issues. The issue of a TD defrauding the taxpayers for his own benefit is much worse than what has happened in O's' case in which case the TD was incompetent but not deceitful.
Things are bad if people can't see the difference in the two.

You would ask a question about something that is not happening.

Nally is demanding all criticism of O'Snodaigh must be in the context of Quinn's gaffe, not attacking Quinn in isolation while people defend Quinn, using O'Snodaigh as you pretend. No one is defending Quinn, the only mention of Quinn is the constant attempt by the Shinners to deflect attention off O'Snodaigh.
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Did O'Snodaigh gain financially from these cartridges? Was he selling them on or the likes?

Don't read the Sindo, but I'm sure if there was the slightest evidence that he was then it would have been front page news yesterday.

trueblue1234

Nally raised a valid point that there was more interest in bashing O's than there was of Quinn on here. Despite Quinn's much worse actions.

And I'd agree with Nally's reasons behind it. One's a shinner and one isn't.

muppet

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 05, 2012, 01:10:12 PM
Nally raised a valid point that there was more interest in bashing O's than there was of Quinn on here. Despite Quinn's much worse actions.

2 strategies now on the go to take the heat off O'Snodaigh:

1) What about Ruairi Quinn?
2) The criticism is invalid because it can be conveniently labelled Sinn Féin bashing and thus O'Snodaigh is now actually a victim.

MWWSI 2017

trueblue1234

Two strategies to allow SF bashing.

1) Chose to ignore as much as possible actions taken by none SFers despite how deceitful they are.
2) If forced into comment on none SF TD's actions, try and link it back to SF as much as possible.

johnneycool

Quote from: muppet on March 05, 2012, 01:36:21 PM

2) The criticism is invalid because it can be conveniently labelled Sinn Féin bashing and thus O'Snodaigh is now actually a victim.

Which one of the two (or both) commited an act of fraud?

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on March 05, 2012, 02:17:34 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 05, 2012, 01:36:21 PM

Neither.
MWWSI 2017

camanchero

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 01, 2012, 10:42:29 PM
O snodaigh and quinn should both be fired from their parties otherwise we might as well say that labour and sf have no more principles than the gangsters in ff and their first cousins in fg. Both politicians should man up and quit too and anyone who defends either action should take a long look at themselves.
think you are in the right ballpark
there are a lot (I wont say all) politicians that are all just the flippin same.
the old joke whats the difference between FF and FG - nothing - still stands.
labour havent stood for 'labour' and the workers for decades now.
SF - well they have some good ideas but while not knowing much about osnodaigh, I just never liked the look of him. he needs to pay back what he has cost the taxpayer - thats was just way OTT and just not giving a fcuk about printing/costs.
Quinn - well I am very disappointed in him
there is prob no outrage as we have a history of not being outraged at our politicians fraudulent and self indulgent behaviour.
sure the gov cant even ask the EU for costs reductions - the fecking IMF are telling us to do it instead.
how f**king useles are our politicians -I think fg are no worse than what else coul dbe in there.
I said it before, we need a revolution and maybe even a dictatorship to get us out of this more quickly. these clowns in the dail are only interested in themselves.

Maguire01

Quote from: johnneycool on March 05, 2012, 02:17:34 PM
You can't tell without all of the information. I'm sure there's some committee or group on standards in public office - maybe they should have a look into both and clarify what's going on.

foxcommander

Dear Alan Kelly,

Everyone hates you.

Sincerely
The labour party
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

ashman

Quote from: foxcommander on May 20, 2016, 07:57:08 PM

Dear Alan Kelly,

Everyone hates you.

Sincerely
The labour party