Eighth Amendment poll

Started by Farrandeelin, May 01, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of repealing the 8th amendment?

Yes
47 (21.8%)
Yes but have no vote
73 (33.8%)
No
40 (18.5%)
No but have no vote
36 (16.7%)
Undecided
20 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Voting closed: May 24, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

whitey

Quote from: BennyCake on May 14, 2018, 06:23:59 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2018, 06:18:58 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2018, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2018, 05:28:11 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2018, 05:22:49 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2018, 05:20:10 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2018, 03:49:07 PM
So what exactly did I say?

I called bvllshit on ONE article shared on "In her Shoes" where the girls real time blog completely contradicted her Irish Times interview.....her blog has since been removed

I also said that some on the Yes side were attempting to stifle debate by jumping down the throat of anyone who didnt completely agree with them on EVERYTHING
And you were correctly called out for being a bullshitter.

Your claim to be a Yes supporter is about as convincing as Dougal Maguire's claim to not be an anti-semite.

LOL.....thanks for proving my point
Stop trying to shut down debate.

Haha....good one......Im not the person jumping down everyones neck and insulting them for not agreeing with them.

You're just a troll with nothing to say.

He's correct on that score.

I was right on Trump, I was right on Brexit and Im right on the refferendum

Some people just dont like to hear opinions they disagree with

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2018, 06:30:43 PM

As No supporters have proved conclusively on this thread with their reactions to facts they don't like.

BennyCake

I called bvllshit on ONE article shared on "In her Shoes" where the girls real time blog completely contradicted her Irish Times interview.....her blog has since been removed

I also said that some on the Yes side were attempting to stifle debate by jumping down the throat of anyone who didnt completely agree with them on EVERYTHING

Your claim to be a Yes supporter is about as convincing as Dougal Maguire's claim to not be an anti-semite.

Haha....good one......Im not the person jumping down everyones neck and insulting them for not agreeing with them.

That actually looks like I was agreeing with Sid. I was agreeing with your point, whitey.

whitey

Quote from: BennyCake on May 14, 2018, 06:51:55 PM

That actually looks like I was agreeing with Sid. I was agreeing with your point, whitey.

Thanks.....its kinda bizzare.....Im probably in agreement with him (and Syf) 90% on this subject, but because I have the audactity to have a dissenting opinion on one facet of the campaign (about the Yes side also making $hit up) and because I think that the NO side have "some" valid points hes out with a burning pitchfork

Premier Emperor

QuoteAt the beginning of the campaign I argued that the sometimes hostile approach of not all, but many on the Yes side, more precisely those associated with fourth-wave feminism, will do little to convince the many undecided in the middle, that is, those which the opinion polls tell us remain undecided, of which I am one.

I suggested that science and fact, rather than rhetoric on social media, would do more to convince the middle ground than the occasionally smug approach adopted by some on the Yes side.
You know who you are.  ;D
The bigger the tossers on the Yes side, the more likely that No will win.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/facile-to-conflate-abortion-debate-and-cancer-scandal-36901093.html

sid waddell

The No side whooping, hollering, booing, shouting and talking over other speakers at every opportunity here on the RTE 1 debate.

That's been the modus operandi of their campaign from the start.

Premier Emperor

Maria Steen giving a masterclass in swatting away the Yes mob.
A great point from the audience too. If people actually witnessed what happened during an abortion, they wouldn't be voting for it.
Sid and Syferus will never address this. Instead they'll dress it up in cuddly language like 'compassion' and 'healthcare'.

Premier Emperor

It's surreal to think that we put Rhona Mahony and Peter Boylan in charge of the country's largest maternity hospital when they have expressed their utter contempt for the unborn child.

Syferus

Quote from: Premier Emperor on May 14, 2018, 10:55:26 PM
It's surreal to think that we put Rhona Mahony and Peter Boylan in charge of the country's largest maternity hospital when they have expressed their utter contempt for the unborn child.

Way to demonise people because they don't agree with your zealotry on abortion.

Puckoon

Quote from: Premier Emperor on May 14, 2018, 10:51:34 PM
A great point from the audience too. If people actually witnessed what happened during an abortion, they wouldn't be voting for it.
Sid and Syferus will never address this. Instead they'll dress it up in cuddly language like 'compassion' and 'healthcare'.

The chick in the red? She wouldn't be out of place on Fox News, such is her level of shite and absolute balderdash. She actually needs more stricter moderation from the host.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Syferus on May 14, 2018, 11:00:57 PM

Way to demonise people because they don't agree with your zealotry on abortion.
They've demonised themselves with their anti-child opinions.

longballin

We'd the Catholic Church running the country and we know their contempt for women and children.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Puckoon on May 14, 2018, 11:01:31 PM

The chick in the red? She wouldn't be out of place on Fox News, such is her level of shite and absolute balderdash. She actually needs more stricter moderation from the host.
She wiped out Mary Lou at the very end.
Peter Boylan is probably the best recruiting sergeant for the No side. An absolute liability for the abortionist side.

Puckoon

You see didn't wipe anything. She threw bluster and hyperbole and mud. She won't have converted anyone that's not equally as entrenched in emotive, unsubstantiated, terminology.

If you're looking for people to swing voters, place your enjoyment and confidence in the GPs who actually asked considered questions, such as the conscientious objection question.

RedSweater chick was a dose.

sid waddell

Seeing as you've clearly decided to dip your toes into the water of this debate over the couple of days or so, what do you plan to do about 12 year old rape victims who are made pregnant?

Do you plan to force them to carry the pregnancy to term against their will?

Ronan Mullen had no answer to it. Do you?

A simple Yes/No answer will suffice, as it's a simple Yes/No question.

I'll answer your question. The vast majority of abortions in Ireland will be medical, ie. by taking a pill, inducing miscarriage. Nobody pretends surgical abortions, which are a majority, are pretty, but they are necessary for women suffering crisis pregnancies - and the foetus up to 12 weeks is not a sentient being. It has no feeling whatsoever, not even close.

Oh, and perhaps you could name me a surgical procedure which is "pretty". I bet you can't.

The alternative - denying pregnant women vital cancer treatment and other essential healthcare (ie. denying their human rights), forcing women who have pregnacies involving fatal foetal abnormalities to carry them to term against their will, forcing rape victims to give birth against their will, is a lot more grotesque. And by voting No, you'll support all of those.