Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: paco on July 29, 2011, 09:21:42 PM
The Happening just started on Film 4, just in case anyone was getting bored of watching paint dry or whatever marginally less mundane activity they were participating in.

was a f*cked up film.

Nally Stand

Quote from: clarshack on July 29, 2011, 11:58:56 PM
Quote from: paco on July 29, 2011, 09:21:42 PM
The Happening just started on Film 4, just in case anyone was getting bored of watching paint dry or whatever marginally less mundane activity they were participating in.

was a f*cked up film piece of horseshit.

Fixed. Seen it in the cinema at the time and couldn't believe it when twice during the show you could see large sections of the boom mics hanging down over the actors' heads  :D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Atticus_Finch

Can anyone reccommend a good western ?

Hoping to get pointed in the direction of a good show that i may not have seen before - I have seen all the usual westerns e.g. Searchers , unforgiven, butch Cassidy and the sundance kid
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Puckoon

Don't know if you've seen either of the latest two Robert Duval westerns - Open Range and Broken Trail, both worth a watch IMO.

Celt_Man

Open Range is a great movie - thoroughly enjoyed it and watch it any time it's on the box
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Canalman

Try The Long Riders and Ride with the Devil (a US Civil War film). 2 imo very good westerns.................. and not of the adult variety as the titles might suggest.

Outlaw Josey Wales is top notch but everyone has seen it. The actor who played his wounded sidekick was the guy who played the surfer in Apocalypse Now btw.

Capt Pat

I never saw the outlaw Josie Wales. I have seen most of the modern westerns but when I was a kid I was only into the westerns when they were fighting the injuns.

I like Open Range as well and Seraphim Falls and 3.10 to Yuma. Cold Mountain is something of a western as well if not more of a civil war movie. There is a great civil war battle scene near the start.

Atticus_Finch

Cheers lads for the heads up.  Have the day off tomorrow and for some reason have just taken the notion to watch a few westerns. I'll give Open range a watch.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Radda bout yeee

Men of Honour on sky now - UNREAL SHOW!!!!

gallsman

Captain America is worse than you could ever imagine. A new low for superhero films.

Capt Pat

Captain America was goid enough I thoughy. Better than a lot of other super hero movies.

ziggysego

Watched Hall Pass tonight. Good auld craic. If you're looking for cheap laughs, then this is the film for you.

Owen Wilson seems to have aged something awful in this film though.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Watched Fair Game. Dragged a bit despite being an interesting story. 6/10.

Canalman

Watched Kingpin again last night. A class comedy.

Also watched Something about Mary at the weekend, the police interrogation scene must be one of the funniest and well acted around.

AbbeySider

White Men Cant Jump was on TV on Friday night.... great movie!