Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 29, 2011, 09:45:07 AM
Watched both the Adjustment Bureau and Hereafter recently, both very good.

Don't usually watch comedies, but there was nothing else on the other night so watched Forgetting Sarah Marshal.  Mila Kunis was unbelievable in it, and I am near sure Tony Baloney was starring in it too.
Aye, decent show - all depends on whether you like Brand or not though.  Get him to the Greek isn't great though.

nrico2006

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on June 29, 2011, 10:54:26 AM
Your man Nicholas Cage must have some serious money issues considering the roles he is taking on lately. Season of the Witch and Drive Angry were unmitigated loads of dung.

Big time, he appears in any old dirt now.  That Drive Angry looks something like that dung he did where he turned into a Skeleton on a motorbike.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 29, 2011, 11:59:41 AM
Your man Nicholas Cage must have some serious money issues considering the roles he is taking on lately. Season of the Witch and Drive Angry were unmitigated loads of dung.

Big time, he appears in any old dirt now.  That Drive Angry looks something like that dung he did where he turned into a Skeleton on a motorbike.

Apart from Leaving Las Vegas, was he ever really that good?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

paco

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on June 29, 2011, 12:04:17 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 29, 2011, 11:59:41 AM

Face/Off?

paco

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 27, 2011, 09:28:51 PM
Quote from: paco on June 27, 2011, 09:16:41 PM
How does lovefilm.com work? I just signed up, I clicked "rent" under the film I want...now what? Do I just wait for them to e-mail me or what?

Did Amazon send you a voucher as well??

I might ign up for a month to get the £20 from Amazon just then cancel.

Did you sign up for the offer? How do you get the £20 voucher? I thought I read that it should come with the DVD, but my DVD arrived today and there was no sign of a voucher  ???

Canalman

Saw The Rite last night on dvd. Very average imo, could/should have been better.

Looking forward to The Valkyrie on Net. 2 tonight.Have heard alot of good things about it.

Don Johnson

Paco - no I was waiting on you getting yours and approving before I signed up!

Ay good films in the cinema tonight? Anyone seen "The Way" yet I think it could be the winner.

paco

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 30, 2011, 03:58:30 PM
Paco - no I was waiting on you getting yours and approving before I signed up!

Ay good films in the cinema tonight? Anyone seen "The Way" yet I think it could be the winner.

Turns out they e-mail the voucher, supposedly you recieve it within 30 days of your online registration.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 29, 2011, 09:45:07 AM
Watched both the Adjustment Bureau and Hereafter recently, both very good.

Don't usually watch comedies, but there was nothing else on the other night so watched Forgetting Sarah Marshal.  Mila Kunis was unbelievable in it, and I am near sure Tony Baloney was starring in it too.
You forgot the "l" at the end of Marshall.

Who was the handsome f**ker that looked like me? Have seen it a few times and I definitely haven't seen me in it. Agree that Mila Kunis something else.

trileacman

Transformers: too long. The robots are the best actors in it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

heffo

Your man Nicholas Cage must have some serious money issues considering the roles he is taking on lately.

http://www.ivillage.com/nicolas-cage-money-problems/1-a-63375

ziggysego

Saw two films recently in the cinema. Bad Teacher and Bridemaids. Surprisingly quite good. Nothing to write home about, but both good wee movies to break the week up.
Testing Accessibility

Cáthasaigh

He was pretty good in 'Bad Lieutenant - Port Of Call New Orleans' but he was plaing an out of his scone junkie; seemed to be a natural in the role too. Very good show, some seriously funny scenes.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

ziggysego

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 03, 2011, 11:26:10 AM

He was pretty good in 'Bad Lieutenant - Port Of Call New Orleans' but he was plaing an out of his scone junkie; seemed to be a natural in the role too. Very good show, some seriously funny scenes.

I thought Bad Lieutenant was rubbish.
Testing Accessibility

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 03, 2011, 11:26:10 AM

Think you are right about the natural thing - in Leaving Las Vegas he was an out of his scone alco.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".