Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

I have to bring the your fellah and his mates to Green Lantern for his birthday this Fri - I'm now looking forward to the snooze.  Thanks Elmo!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

paco

How does lovefilm.com work? I just signed up, I clicked "rent" under the film I want...now what? Do I just wait for them to e-mail me or what?

Don Johnson

Quote from: paco on June 27, 2011, 09:16:41 PM
How does lovefilm.com work? I just signed up, I clicked "rent" under the film I want...now what? Do I just wait for them to e-mail me or what?

Did Amazon send you a voucher as well??

I might ign up for a month to get the £20 from Amazon just then cancel.

paco

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 27, 2011, 09:28:51 PM

Yeah, got it in the post today. Was gonna do the same but it seems to be a great set-up (70 000 titles on DVD!) so I think I might keep it. I signed up for 3 films a month which works out at £4.99/month.

maggie

Went to see Bridesmaids at the weekend and was afraid it wouldn't live up to the reviews I had read but have to say I enjoyed it immensely.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2011, 12:33:42 AM
Best foreign films I've watched:

The Bicycle Thief
Amelie
Cinema Paradiso
Il Postino

Must watch the likes of Ran or any of Akira Kurosawa's stuff. They look decent.

The best foreign film I saw, was Clerks.
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: ziggysego on June 27, 2011, 09:37:24 PM

The Bicycle Thief
Amelie
Cinema Paradiso
Il Postino

speaking about disappointing sequels, clerks II was appalling.

Puckoon

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 27, 2011, 09:40:12 PM

The Bicycle Thief
Amelie
Cinema Paradiso
Il Postino

Nonsense! Great movie.

ziggysego

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 27, 2011, 09:40:12 PM

The Bicycle Thief
Amelie
Cinema Paradiso
Il Postino

Clerks II was brilliant.
Testing Accessibility

Just Puck It

Quote from: paco on June 27, 2011, 09:32:48 PM

Yeah, got it in the post today. Was gonna do the same but it seems to be a great set-up (70 000 titles on DVD!) so I think I might keep it. I signed up for 3 films a month which works out at £4.99/month.

Brilliant system but I've found myself watching the DVDs then taking two or three weeks to manage to get them sent back - maybe not even getting the three a month in!  One downside is with popular films you find that they aren't as readily available, can be a month or two wait!  But if you fire them to the top of your list and they aren't available they'll send you the next one after it...works out well enough.

paco

Quote from: Just Puck It on June 27, 2011, 11:52:17 PM

Brilliant system but I've found myself watching the DVDs then taking two or three weeks to manage to get them sent back - maybe not even getting the three a month in!  One downside is with popular films you find that they aren't as readily available, can be a month or two wait!  But if you fire them to the top of your list and they aren't available they'll send you the next one after it...works out well enough.

I think that might be my problem. I rented the remake of True Grit, and since it's a new release this might be the reason for the delay. Think I'll cancel it and rent an older title.

Cáthasaigh

The new Brendan Gleeson film 'The Guard', written and directed by Martin McDonagh, the same lad as 'In Bruges', looks like it will be good craic. It doesn't come out for a few weeks but I will be watching closely for a downloadable copy.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

Just Puck It

Quote from: paco on June 28, 2011, 09:58:06 AM
Quote from: Just Puck It on June 27, 2011, 11:52:17 PM

I think that might be my problem. I rented the remake of True Grit, and since it's a new release this might be the reason for the delay. Think I'll cancel it and rent an older title.

As long as you leave it at the top of your list, you will get it eventually.  They will send you out whatever you have in second place if it's not there - you don't need to cancel it.

nrico2006

Watched both the Adjustment Bureau and Hereafter recently, both very good.

Don't usually watch comedies, but there was nothing else on the other night so watched Forgetting Sarah Marshal.  Mila Kunis was unbelievable in it, and I am near sure Tony Baloney was starring in it too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cáthasaigh

Your man Nicholas Cage must have some serious money issues considering the roles he is taking on lately. Season of the Witch and Drive Angry were unmitigated loads of dung.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!