Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

The Running Man is finishing now on E4 or E3. Classic Arnie 80s movie, hard to beat.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 31, 2011, 01:15:18 PM
I was slightly disappointed with Un Prophete, don't get me wrong it was a solid 7/10 but the reviews (like the one you mentioned on the back of the dvd case) maybe put up my expectations too much.

I really loved Mesrine though, excellent films. I think Vincent Cassel is a great actor though, watch La Haine, a film he did about the slums of Paris years ago, very good.

Have lent a few of those dvds out, would need to get them all gathered up.

Must look up that "Tell No One" film.

The Lives Of Others is a good German one about the Stasi secretly monitoring actors, musicians etc back in the 80s. Great show.
The hoor is also married to Monica Bellucci.... :P

ross4life

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 31, 2011, 11:29:12 PM
The Running Man is finishing now on E4 or E3. Classic Arnie 80s movie, hard to beat.
Classic Arnie move indeed, hadn't seen it in years but always worth a watch.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

HiMucker

Seen Wall Street: Money never sleeps last night.  Good acting decent show wouldn want to go to the cinema to it though

screenexile

Best foreign language film I have ever seen is one called Jeux d'enfants or "Love me if you dare" in English.

It's kind of a messed up love story but very funny and very clever with a great storyline and great acting in it.

Marion Cotillard (Inception) is also another reason to watch it!!

Billys Boots

I saw it recently Screenexile and enjoyed it alright; interesting story. :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

Saw Hangover 2 last night. Thought it was dung.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggy90

Quote from: screenexile on June 02, 2011, 11:23:17 AM
Best foreign language film I have ever seen is one called Jeux d'enfants or "Love me if you dare" in English.

It's kind of a messed up love story but very funny and very clever with a great storyline and great acting in it.

Marion Cotillard (Inception) is also another reason to watch it!!
Have you or anyone else on here seen Jean de Florette or its sequel Manon des scources? Great story set in rural France but it could be set amongst country people anywhere.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

attheraces

City of God is in Portugese but it is an absolute master piece. It's my favourite foreign film bar none.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

haranguerer

Quote from: attheraces on June 02, 2011, 02:51:12 PM
City of God is in Portugese but it is an absolute master piece. It's my favourite foreign film bar none.

Whos in 'none'?

attheraces

Quote from: haranguerer on June 02, 2011, 02:53:16 PM

Whos in 'none'?

:-\ good one  *cough*
;)
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Capt Pat

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2011, 01:46:49 PM
Saw Hangover 2 last night. Thought it was dung.

Ain't that the truth. Had to see it twice because my freind wanted to go see it. I wouldn't show it to the dog but somebody decided this movie had to be made and will probably make another.

andoireabu

13 assassins.  Great film.  Fighting when there are no subtitles and subtitles when there is no fighting.  Win win.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Bogball XV

super show alright, one scene in particular always stands out for me.  Have you watched the other one 'city of men'?

ONeill

Best foreign films I've watched:

The Bicycle Thief
Amelie
Cinema Paradiso
Il Postino

Must watch the likes of Ran or any of Akira Kurosawa's stuff. They look decent.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.