Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: clarshack on March 28, 2011, 09:51:37 PM
what did people think of the blind side?

only got around to watching it last nite but i must say it was better than expected.

Wasn't expecting much from it either, especially with SB in it but thought it was very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Up The Middle

blind side is a pretty good watch, didnt know what to expect either, but was pleasently surprised.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Canalman

Watched Rambo no 1 and Boogie Nights again last night on ITV4. Both cracking shows.

gallsman

Finally got around to watching The Ghost (Writer) with Ewan McGregor.

Thought it was alright, but very overrated, was hardly the suspense filled thriller I'd been led to expect.

CiKe

Quote from: gallsman on April 09, 2011, 12:51:36 PM
Finally got around to watching The Ghost (Writer) with Ewan McGregor.

Thought it was alright, but very overrated, was hardly the suspense filled thriller I'd been led to expect.

Can't believe they made a film of it, thought the book was dung.

HiMucker

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 28, 2011, 07:29:32 PM
Stone with De Niro and Ed Norton in it ... Load of shite.
One of the worst films I have seen.  Boulder dash

paco

Fell asleep half an hour into Donnie Darko last night, did I miss much? I see This Is England is on tonight, too. Have heard good reports so must watch it.

gallsman

Quote from: paco on April 09, 2011, 01:43:30 PM
Fell asleep half an hour into Donnie Darko last night, did I miss much? I see This Is England is on tonight, too. Have heard good reports so must watch it.

Donnie Darko's ok, not the masterpiece some make it out to be in my opinion.

This Is England is excellent.

Quote from: CiKe on April 09, 2011, 01:14:37 PM

Can't believe they made a film of it, thought the book was dung.

Polanski wanted make another Harris book, Pompeii (thought it was crap) but didn't get the green light for some reason.

laoislad

Watched Limitless last night,there is a great torrent of it on piratebay.
I thought it was a decent film.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

Quote from: paco on April 09, 2011, 01:43:30 PM

If somebody told me the story of Donnie Darko and said do you want to watch that movie, I would say no. However watching it,  it is just a very good profound, deep and memorable movie. It is not unique but very well done.

Brick Tamlin

Anyone here looking forward to Thor?

Capt Pat

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 20, 2011, 10:33:18 AM

No. Why? It looks like fairly crude, standard Hollywood rubbish that I watch all the time. Why might this be any better?

The Iceman

Watched the Next Three Days recently with Russell Crowe. Surprisingly good show, fast paced towards the end, very engaging and I really enjoyed it.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 20, 2011, 10:33:18 AM
Cant wait, looks amazing, 4 stars in Empire.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

AFS

Fast Five - If you're into this type of shite you'll love it, if you're not you'll hate it.