Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

For those with Children and those without, Kung Ku Panda at 6.30 today on RTE1.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Will sky plus that Denn, for the kids of course ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paco

Came across a film on IMDB called The Human Centipede: First Sequence a while back, it was on that SyFy channel last night and I decided to watch it. Anyone else ever seen it? I really don't know how these sort of films make it past the suggestion box! Maybe it's easier to make it in Hollywood than I thought.

Tony Baloney

Watched The Other Guys last night. It's a bit off the wall in a Peter Sellers/Pink Panther way but very enjoyable. Solid 8.5.

Milltown Row2

Watched a Spanish film i Sky plus'ed. Timecrimes, not bad and had a different take on the hazards of time travel. 7.5
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

People don't get the other guys because it is not the usual laugh a minute will ferell type movie, but it is just as good as his other movies with an odd couple theme.

Celt_Man

Saw The Other Guys a few weeks ago...  not outstanding but good solid funny movie - and Eva Mendes is unreal...

Watched Due Date last night thought it was awful, two or three genuine funny moments in it and that was it.  Yer man Zach whatisname from the Hangover just played his character from that movie and was annoying towards the end. Predictable and boring towards the end and just wanted it to be over so I could watch a rerun of Family Guy
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

screenexile

Watched The Town last night and was pleasantly surprised it's very good. Joint written, Directed and acted by Affleck? Fair play to the man he was annoying fr
a long time but he's pulled this out of the bag!

ziggysego

I thought The Other Guys was moronic, didn't like. I did however enjoy Due Date, though it wasn't as good The Hangover.
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Quote from: screenexile on March 06, 2011, 06:41:47 PM
Watched The Town last night and was pleasantly surprised it's very good. Joint written, Directed and acted by Affleck? Fair play to the man he was annoying fr
a long time but he's pulled this out of the bag!

Aye think it's his second movie behind the lens.  His first Gone Baby Gone was excellent
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

I'll have to watch this tonight on E4.  Never seen this.  Have I missed much?

22:00 Porky's (T) (1982, Comedy) Four raucous high school students who are desperate to lose their virginity decide to visit the redneck owner of a strip bar in the hope that he can help. However, he makes off with their money and dumps the teenagers in a swamp, leading them to hatch an elaborate revenge plot. Sex comedy, starring Kim Cattrall, Dan Monahan, Mark Herrier and Wyatt Knight.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orangemac

On kids movies, saw How To Train Your Dragon yesterday on DVD.

Very good show. Doesn't try hard to be smart like some kids movies.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 06, 2011, 06:23:58 PM
Saw The Other Guys a few weeks ago...  not outstanding but good solid funny movie - and Eva Mendes is unreal...

Watched Due Date last night thought it was awful, two or three genuine funny moments in it and that was it.  Yer man Zach whatisname from the Hangover just played his character from that movie and was annoying towards the end. Predictable and boring towards the end and just wanted it to be over so I could watch a rerun of Family Guy
She counts for some of my 8.5. She looked unreal in the scene where she is introduced to Terry (Wahlberg).

nrico2006

Quote from: paco on March 05, 2011, 07:58:41 PM
Came across a film on IMDB called The Human Centipede: First Sequence a while back, it was on that SyFy channel last night and I decided to watch it. Anyone else ever seen it? I really don't know how these sort of films make it past the suggestion box! Maybe it's easier to make it in Hollywood than I thought.

The freakiest film I have ever seen, pure dung and the writer of this one needs his head looked at.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2011, 09:08:48 AM
Quote from: paco on March 05, 2011, 07:58:41 PM

The freakiest film I have ever seen, pure dung and the writer of this one needs his head looked at.

They're making a sequel.
Testing Accessibility