Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 18, 2011, 12:41:02 AM
Quote from: ross matt on February 17, 2011, 02:45:31 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on February 16, 2011, 03:51:57 PM
Black swan looks like a film made for the Oscars, were all the acting and hidden meanings are brilliant but its just not enjoyable, were your an intellect if you say "that was a great film".  I remember watching the daniel day lewis film  "There wiil be blood".  Jaysus the actin was great but afterwards I was askin why the heck i watched it, it was ok at best enjoyment wise.  Did anyone here think that it was a great show?

I experienced the same with "there will be blood". Love Day Lewis and he was brilliant in it but chewed up everyone else in the movie. I didnt think it was much of  a story and wouldnt watch it again.
Funny, I did watch it again over christmas and thought it was much better second time around.  It's definitely worth watching imo, not as good as No Country for Old Men, its big oscar rival that year but a good show all the same.

To be honest Bogball I also found "No country for old men" a bit of a drag also. Good dark movie but nowhere near deserving the critical hype it received in my opinion. However I think Im in the minority in this one because most people I know that watched it loved it.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: ross matt on February 18, 2011, 11:47:23 AM
Black swan looks like a film made for the Oscars, were all the acting and hidden meanings are brilliant but its just not enjoyable, were your an intellect if you say "that was a great film".  I remember watching the daniel day lewis film  "There wiil be blood".  Jaysus the actin was great but afterwards I was askin why the heck i watched it, it was ok at best enjoyment wise.  Did anyone here think that it was a great show?

I experienced the same with "there will be blood". Love Day Lewis and he was brilliant in it but chewed up everyone else in the movie. I didnt think it was much of  a story and wouldnt watch it again.
Funny, I did watch it again over christmas and thought it was much better second time around.  It's definitely worth watching imo, not as good as No Country for Old Men, its big oscar rival that year but a good show all the same.

To be honest Bogball I also found "No country for old men" a bit of a drag also. Good dark movie but nowhere near deserving the critical hype it received in my opinion. However I think Im in the minority in this one because most people I know that watched it loved it.

Some of my friends felt the same about No Country For Old Men but I loved it.  One of my top five favourite films.  As for There will be blood, yes its good but I also thought it was overated.

Watched Fighter the other night.  Brilliant film.  One of Bales best films in a long long time.  As a massive Terminator fan I'd nearly forgive him for signing his name to that muck Terminator Salvation after watching his performance in this.

Puckoon

Watched the first half of "The Machinist" with Christian Bale last night. It's quite hard to look at how much he changed his body for this movie. Almost grotesque to look at him.

AFS

Toy Story 3 - Brilliant.

The Fighter - Fairly good.

Devil - Woeful.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Canalman on February 18, 2011, 10:21:31 AM
Watched National Lampoon's Vacation there at weekend. Not seen it for a while........... cracking film.
Christie Brinkley. Babe.

trileacman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on February 18, 2011, 02:58:47 PM
Quote from: ross matt on February 18, 2011, 11:47:23 AM

Some of my friends felt the same about No Country For Old Men but I loved it.  One of my top five favourite films.  As for There will be blood, yes its good but I also thought it was overated.

Watched Fighter the other night.  Brilliant film.  One of Bales best films in a long long time.  As a massive Terminator fan I'd nearly forgive him for signing his name to that muck Terminator Salvation after watching his performance in this.
I much prefer there will be blood. No country for old men is alright but just tails off at the last half hour. I don't understand the hype around it at all. Same for any Tarantino film i've ever seen.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

GalwayBayBoy

Finally got around to seeing The Social Network. Must say thought it was a great show as they say around here. Fantastic screenplay from Aaron Sorkin and some great performances. Even from Justin Trousersnake.

ballinaman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 18, 2011, 07:03:07 PM
Finally got around to seeing The Social Network. Must say thought it was a great show as they say around here. Fantastic screenplay from Aaron Sorkin and some great performances. Even from Justin Trousersnake.
:D Whats that about alright? :D

Minder

Went to see The Fighter tonight, really enjoyed it. Thought Bale gave a knockout performance.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on February 18, 2011, 10:34:33 PM
Went to see The Fighter tonight, really enjoyed it. Thought Bale gave a knockout performance.

Disappointed Minder  ::) ::)

About to sky plus Timecrimes on Film 4, worth my while?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Finally got to watch Inception. Don't get the fuss. After an hour it became predictable and I couldn't give a damn.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Enjoyable romp tho, What movie can we not predict now days??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2011, 12:10:51 AM
Enjoyable romp tho, What movie can we not predict now days??
Memento

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballinaman