Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2011, 11:34:20 AM
Would tend not to watch a remake. some ok, i am legend not bad others, shite like wicker man!
How do you know ;)

Orangemac

Reservoir Dogs is completely overrated.

Pulp Fiction is a superior film.However there is no story. It is just a series of set pieces which are great mainly due to the dialogue and soundtrack.

Arguably Jackie Brown is a better movie as it has dialogue, great soundtrack and a storyline but it is a bit slow in places.

Also enjoyed Kill Bill, although 1 movie may have done it.

As for Inglorious Basterds, it was extremely disappointing. Looked great in the trailer.

Milltown Row2

I stumbled across The Wicker Man. Pile of piss turned it off after twenty mins. Hence my original post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Watched 2 films last week on the plane and enjoyed both more than I thought I would. Social Network 8/10 and despite it being as subtle as a brick (even by Oliver Stone standards) I'd give Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps 7/10.

Puckoon

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 30, 2011, 06:19:44 PM
Watched devil and have to say really liked it. Thought it was great show

Just finished watching this this afternoon - have to go with a 6.5/10. Something different, bit short (1hr20min), and a half decent twist near the end.

Olly

Watched Castaway.

This is about Tom Hanks who was on an aeroplane. The plane seems to hit a bit of black ice and spirals to the ocean. Hanks manages to hold onto the overhead locker handle and luckily lands on a floater which brings him to some majestic island with no one on it though that is never clarified. He messes about with a ball and paints lipstick on it. There is an innuendo that he has sexual intercourse with the ball as he has a standard relationship with it eg falling out and missing it when it drowns etc.

He then returns only to find that his girlfriend is doing a turn with a man and has children to him but he still manages to have a grope of the ex girlfriend and seems to be happy enough to let her go so I can only imagine she was drooping a bit. He then becomes a postman and meets Shania Twain briefly.

Overall, a very believeable movie and a great reminder to hang onto something if your plane is spiralling towards the ocean. It also says women are fickle if they "think" you're dead.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ziggysego

Went to see The Dilemma tonight in the cinema. Terrible film. A nothing story, that goes nowhere and ends with a non-ending. Avoid it.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Zombieland! Solid 7.9/10. Good stuff.

mc_grens

Quote from: Puckoon on January 31, 2011, 03:56:51 AM

Loved the Bill Murray cameo.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on January 30, 2011, 06:02:24 PM
Thought RD was shite myself, Pulp fiction is class, True romance tops them both IMO.

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are both hugely overrated.  Agree with you that True Romance is far better.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Puckoon

Quote from: mc_grens on January 31, 2011, 07:01:54 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 31, 2011, 03:56:51 AM

Loved the Bill Murray cameo.

I didnt want to throw out any spoilers - but yes that was fantastic! And the first scene with the twinkies had me in stitches.

paco

What's the consensus on "Buried"? Going to download it here now.

tyrone girl

Was planning on watching it tonight myself. Either it or The town. Has anyone seen it. Loved Devil the other night but i might have posted that already

fitzroyalty

Watched three films last week, namely Black Swan, Due Date and Peacefire. Black Swan was a load of shite and I recommend that nobody pay any sort of fee to watch it. I dozed off during Due Date but it wasn't that funny from what I saw at the start. Peacefire was a good watch, it's set in Craigavon.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 31, 2011, 08:52:56 PM
Watched three films last week, namely Black Swan, Due Date and Peacefire. Black Swan was a load of shite and I recommend that nobody pay any sort of fee to watch it. I dozed off during Due Date but it wasn't that funny from what I saw at the start. Peacefire was a good watch, it's set in Craigavon.
Black Swan is getting quare reviews here.