Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on January 28, 2011, 02:13:05 PM
Alpha Dog on tonight at 11.30pm. Is it worth a watch?

It is a good show.  As for Wanted, never seen a show as dung in my life.  I dunno how anyone can say Angelina saved anything for them.  The Tomb Raider Angelina definitely was something special, but she nowhere near the top of the pile these days, too scrawny.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 25, 2011, 01:09:38 AM
Watched Black Swan tonight. What a mind f**k that was. The trailer tells you nothing about this movie. It has to be watched as an experience. I dpn't quite know how to rate it.

8 out of 10 for originality and intrigue.

Saw it last night. Natalie Portman gives a great performance but it's definitely overrated.

Puckoon

Jesus its a hard watch. Good movie however. Justin Timberlake is very good in it and Ben Foster is fantastic. Based on a true story (maybe you already know that). Don't go googling that until you watch it - major spoiler potential.

STREET FIGHTER

What channel is it on?

CiKe

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 28, 2011, 01:10:24 PM
Watched Gone Baby Gone on RTÉ 1 the other night, great movie - yer man Casey Affleck is very good in it and Michelle Monahan is shocking easy on the eyes which always helps...

Watched Wanted on TV3 from the weekend there - what a steaming pile of horseshite, the plot is just so stupid (I know it is based on a comic) - a bunch of weavers just decided to become a International Group of Assassins - bit of a leap... How Morgan Freeman ever allowed himself to go into that one, I'll never know -  you'd have to guess that he lost a bet or something

Agree on both films. I started Wanted and switched off after 20mins. Unfortunately I did not do the same with Salt this last weekend - another pile of dung.

ONeill

The Fighter 8/10
The King's Speech 9/10
Social Network 6/10
World's Greatest Dad 8/10
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Watched The Social Network tonight. Good film. (7/10 - sorry ONeill)
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on January 29, 2011, 12:16:03 AM

Believe it or not, i've watched it three times to give it a chance. Each time, when Timberlake arrives, I cannot give a hoot. If it was some fictional site called Mughead would it be a good story? If yes, when you realise it was a load of balls in terms of accuracy, do you still think it's a good story? I honestly think its success is in that the audience think this is the real story and they buy into their attachment to/knowledge of Facebook
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on January 29, 2011, 12:25:40 AM

Believe it or not, i've watched it three times to give it a chance. Each time, when Timberlake arrives, I cannot give a hoot. If it was some fictional site called Mughead would it be a good story? If yes, when you realise it was a load of balls in terms of accuracy, do you still think it's a good story? I honestly think its success is in that the audience think this is the real story and they buy into their attachment to/knowledge of Facebook

I'll admit I don't know the real story behind Facebook, but I went into this thinking that this wouldn't be the real story. So yeah, I thought it was interesting.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on January 29, 2011, 12:47:00 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 29, 2011, 12:25:40 AM

I'll admit I don't know the real story behind Facebook, but I went into this thinking that this wouldn't be the real story. So yeah, I thought it was interesting.
Liked it much more than I thought I would - 8/10. It's accuracy is obviously up for debate as there are so many gagging orders in place.

thewobbler

Black Swan. An interesting concept and very well executed. But still, for the most part, a boring and unrewarding film. It's difficult to explain what I mean; all the ingredients were there for a good film, but it just tasted wrong.

ziggysego

Watched Bad Lieutenant (2009) on DVD. Poor film. Whilst Nicholas Cage was good in it, I found the film to be a complete bore. In no way grabbed my attention and I never really cared much for the characters. Couldn't wait for it to end. 3/10.
Testing Accessibility

Ulick

Watched Black Swan tonight. Absolute pile of pish, Avoid.

J70

Quote from: Puckoon on January 28, 2011, 12:02:21 AM
Watched the town last night. Not sure what to make of it. This is happening me too often with movies now, I must be growing more stupid. It was watchable, and Affleck was enjoyable as he seems to be when he takes on these serious roles - but it was just too predictable near the end.

Thought it was a bit of a rip-off of Heat (which I'm sure stole from other films with its "one last job and then I'm out" storyline). Decent film though.

Milltown Row2

Heat is a remake of an earlier film (LA Take down), which imo was far better than Heat. Getting harder to make original movies.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea