Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on January 19, 2011, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2011, 10:40:48 PM
Never tire of the opening scene of "Full Metal Jacket" Drill Sergent is the best

ITV 4 RIGHT NOW

+1. I would say I know every line of it.

I am some craic.

Was going to go to bed but will stay up for a while and watch Private Pile for a while
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on January 19, 2011, 10:42:12 PM
Never tire of the opening scene of "Full Metal Jacket" Drill Sergent is the best

ITV 4 RIGHT NOW

+1. I would say I know every line of it.

I am some craic.
You'd be some craic on a night out Minder. Or even a night in. I didn't know they stacked shit that high...

ross4life

ITV 4 RIGHT NOW

My old mate was one of the extras in that scene, he worked in TA Army at the time & i also have a friend that worked as one of the extras in Braveheart (FCA member)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Goats Do Shave

Don Jonson... i've similar taste in movies to you.

Try Switchblade Romance - French film. Quite enjoyable!

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: The Worker on January 17, 2011, 09:45:32 PM
Whats the most under rated films out there?

for me it has to be the prestige. Only watched it a few months back for the first time, immense show.

Bound to be a few diamonds out there amongst the rough that have slipped under the radar.

I love The Prestige.  Brilliant film and really under rated.  One of my favourites.

Puckoon

Quote from: Puckoon on January 19, 2011, 10:43:06 PM
Watched 1/3 of shutter island last night before the peepers gave out on me - looking forward to the rest tonight.

What a ballix of a show.

Archie Mitchell

Conviction is worth a watch.

ballinaman

The new batman movie is to be called "The Dark Knight Rises"......Anne "massive gob" Hathaway to play cat woman. Not a great start but will be class in the end no doubt.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on January 20, 2011, 10:14:38 PM
The new batman movie is to be called "The Dark Knight Rises"......Anne "massive gob" Hathaway to play cat woman. Not a great start but will be class in the end no doubt.

Saw here in Love and Drugs or something like that the other night...bad film but she gets her boobies out a few times and they are NICE
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 20, 2011, 10:16:12 PM

Saw here in Love and Drugs or something like that the other night...bad film but she gets her boobies out a few times and they are NICE

Kinda going south i thought
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 20, 2011, 10:16:12 PM

Thought it was good film myself with or without the boobies, but was a bonus.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Estimator

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 17, 2011, 06:48:04 PM
Quote from: CiKe on January 10, 2011, 10:07:47 PM
watched a couple of South Korean films recently:

1) Old Boy, about a guy released from prison after 15yrs, and not knowing why he was locked up who seeks revenge, was interesting
2) Memories of Murder based on South Korea's first documented serial killer, told from point of view of detectives investigating. Thought it was excellent.

Old Boy is a great show. I am going to watch Sympathy For Mister Vengeance tonight from the same director.

Watched La Haine last night starring a very young Vincent Cassel about a day in the lives of three youths in the slums of Paris. Highly recommend it as well as the Mesrine films while I am on about Cassel.

I bought Oldboy on the recommendation of a friend and I thought it was an excellent film.  He told me that Lady Vengeance by the same directing was a much better film, bought that, didn't think it was anywhere near as good as Oldboy.
I read recently that Spielbery and Will Smith of all people have the rights to do a remake of Oldboy.  Not good, not good at all.
Ulster League Champions 2009

AbbeySider

Watch a couple of films in the cinema this week.

Love and Other Drugs is a load of boll!x. It had potential but the first hour and 15 mins is utterly pointless.

Tron in 3D is excellent, even if the plot has a few holes, it looks amazing.

Galwaybhoy

As a big Batman and Chris Nolan fan I can't wait for this.  Hope its as good as the first one which IMO is better than the Dark Knight.

Watched 127 Hours the other night.  It was pretty good, but there were some boring parts but over all they done a good job keeping the film moving which I thought might be a problem seeing as its basically about man stuck by a rock.  It was good enough but I don't think I could watch it again.