Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 30, 2010, 07:16:05 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 30, 2010, 06:22:56 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 30, 2010, 10:39:41 AM
Only saw Scrooged for the first time yesterday, enjoyed it.

How have you not seen it until now??

Probably because it's arguably the most predictable film ever, but Christmas boredom (&Sky Plus) came into play. Went looking for the Money Pit in HMV a month ago to be told it was discontinued, got to record it on BBC last week too
Jesus wept. Predictable like every other movie adaptation of a book, the ending of which is known to just about the entire Western world?! I correctly predicted that the big ship in the Titanic would sink as did pretty much every person who went to see it (apart from Armagh4SamAgain and Olly) but it is one of the highest grossing movies of all time.

Tony Baloney

Watched Born on the Fourth of July again during the week. Immense performance from Tom Cruise - desperately unlucky to find himself up against Daniel Day-Lewis playing Christy Brown the same year.

the Deel Rover

i never watch movies but saw  Inglourious Basterds  during the week and thought it was brilliant
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

Just watched A Bronx Tale on RTE 2,never seen it before but really enjoyed it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tyrones own

Watched the Fighter earlier...very good, Christian Bale will undoubtedly
pick up an oscar for his role!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 03, 2011, 03:25:15 AM
Watched the Fighter earlier...very good, Christian Bale will undoubtedly
pick up an oscar for his role!
Read a few reviews and sounds like some show.

lurganblue

Went to see the little fockers in the cinema over the holidays. Very much the same as the other two so if you enjoyed them, you'll probably enjoy this too. Some good laughs. Brought our daughter with us, probably not very suitable in hindsight

nrico2006

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 03, 2011, 02:06:58 AM

Great show, scooped it on DVD for a £1 in Tesco's last year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 03, 2011, 11:09:19 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 03, 2011, 02:06:58 AM

Great show, scooped it on DVD for a £1 in Tesco's last year.

Had a few pints in the bar that was used in the film, was over in the estates the year after it was made.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Best film that I watched over the Christmas period was No Country for Old Men
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on January 03, 2011, 09:43:14 AM
Went to see the little fockers in the cinema over the holidays. Very much the same as the other two so if you enjoyed them, you'll probably enjoy this too. Some good laughs. Brought our daughter with us, probably not very suitable in hindsight
Saw it myself as well, its nowhere as near as funny as the first two, its dreadful really don't think I laughed once.
Maybe it was a case of it felt like I seen it all before as it is along the same lines as the other films but I really thought the other two were funny films this though was very boring.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Big Puff

Anyone ever seen public enemies? is it worth a watch?

Aerlik

Went with mini-me to watch Gulliver's Travels yesterday.  Well, let's just say Jr. had a good laugh.  I was asleep after 5 minutes.  Swift would be turning in his grave.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

lurganblue

I wouldn't say it was fantastic RLL but then I don't think the first too were outstanding either. I did laugh a few times at owen Wilson in the film. I usually find him funny anyway

STREET FIGHTER

Seen the new Karate Kid over Christmas.

Pretty good show but found it very long.