Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 22, 2010, 09:40:12 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 21, 2010, 11:44:47 PM
Just watched "Waiting for Eric" there. Actually really good, better than I expected.

Saw it a few months ago, thought it was pretty good too.  The Cantona factor obviously having a big bearing on my verdict.

Me too obviously. He really was something else.

ziggysego

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 21, 2010, 11:44:47 PM
Just watched "Waiting for Eric" there. Actually really good, better than I expected.

I decided to give a go a few months back, not expecting much of it. I was surprised just how good it was and not because of the 'Cantona Effect', it actually had a decent story.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

Does anyone else feel Looking for Eric film kinda gave the message if you smoke hash everything will be ok?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

haranguerer

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 20, 2010, 04:14:19 PM
Watched Avatar last night...what a pile of dung
3d? The film itself is dung, but I saw it 3d in the cinema and was awestruck. No point watching it otherwise, it was made purely as a vehicle to show of what 3d could be

ross4life

King kong was on RTE tonight have seen it a few times a decent film, the scenes at the end with Kong/Naomi Watts are spectacular & somewhat moving.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2010, 12:55:02 AM
King kong was on RTE tonight have seen it a few times a decent film, the scenes at the end with Kong/Naomi Watts are spectacular & somewhat moving.

I think you need one of these.

ross4life

Peter is it possible for you to post a comment without searching google for a image or article?

Niall Quinn

The remake of True Grit is a great effort. Brilliantly understated ending.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

nrico2006

Only saw Scrooged for the first time yesterday, enjoyed it.

Watched Legends of the Fall again yesterday for 1st time in years, still as good as ever. 

Watched The Reader too, decent show with KW in the buff for the majority of the film.

Going to watch The Legend of Bagger Vance again today and going to try and fit the Horse Whisperer in too.  Busy times ahead.

Saw Stop/Loss a few weeks ago, great show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Saw two Scottish themed movies last night................... both very enjoyable if not mentally stimulating. Centurion and Dog Soldiers (again). Well worth a watch.

Proud (possibly sad) to say that I watched Zulu twice in the last week................ they don't make them like that anymore.

Puckoon

Quote from: Niall Quinn on December 30, 2010, 06:33:09 AM
The remake of True Grit is a great effort. Brilliantly understated ending.

Im still in limbo with the whole movie. Plenty of throwbacks to the original - but I can't help but think that "Fill your hands you son of a bitch" was shocking. Most famous line in the movie and its just fudged!

The little actress was very very good.

paco

There Will Be Blood is on RTE tonight, should keep the festive mood going for a few days yet.

ziggysego

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 30, 2010, 10:39:41 AM

How have you not seen it until now??
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: ziggysego on December 30, 2010, 06:22:56 PM

I have only seen half of it, and that was 2 weeks ago.

nrico2006

Quote from: ziggysego on December 30, 2010, 06:22:56 PM

Probably because it's arguably the most predictable film ever, but Christmas boredom (&Sky Plus) came into play. Went looking for the Money Pit in HMV a month ago to be told it was discontinued, got to record it on BBC last week too
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'