Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Went to SeeSaw 3D over the weekend.

It's probably the worst of the series. Acting was terrible, much like the 1st one. Still watchable though as it's pretty gruesome. With a nice wee (predictable) twist at the end!

AFS

Good:
The Social Network
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

f**king Awful:
Kick-Ass

nrico2006

The new Karate Kid is decent enough.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AbbeySider

Watched Due Date last night.

I dont know what they were trying to achieve with this film.
Its not a by any means a rip roaring comedy as it often seems bitter-sweet, or more edgy comedy.

Good performance by Galifianakis who is genuinely funny but I have read somewhere he hated the script for not being funny enough.

Canalman

Kubrick very hit and miss imo. Paths of Glory, The Shining, Spartacus, The Killing (I think..... about a racetrack heist) all very good. Barry Lyndon, 1999 ASO, Eyes Wide Shut all very poor and way overrated.

Haven't seen Clockwork Orange for a long while and chose to watch the Perfume adaptation on Saturday night. Not as good as book but watchable even if I knew ending.

The Iceman

Seen the hurt Locker this weekend. Been on my list to watch for a long time.
Decent show. 7 out of 10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Over the weekend I watched a trilogy filmed in the UK about the West Yorkshire constabulary and the corruption of said force during the period of time when the Yorkshire ripper was being investigated. Loosely based on events of the time, it is 3 movies - set in 1974, 1980, and 1983 respectively. Really enjoyable piece of work - perhaps some of you at home are already aware of it - called Red Riding.

http://www.ifcfilms.com/films/the-red-riding-trilogy

thewobbler

The Hurt Locker was good enough viewing, but if it deserved those Oscars about as much as Miss Congeniality would have. My verdict probably wasn't helped though by watching the brilliant Generation Kill boxset immediately prior.

Either 21 or Assault on Precinct 13 at 9pm tonight. Never seen either.

screenexile

Quote from: thewobbler on November 15, 2010, 06:25:01 PM
The Hurt Locker was good enough viewing, but if it deserved those Oscars about as much as Miss Congeniality would have. My verdict probably wasn't helped though by watching the brilliant Generation Kill boxset immediately prior.

I liked 21 . . . very interesting and a good performance by Spacey and your man from that Fifty Dead men Walking show about the Troubles. . . don't watch it btw it's pure tripe!!

The Real Laoislad

Watched Inception last night,really enjoyed it.
Not as confusing as I thought it was going to be,though I am glad I watched it on my own,it would have been far less enjoyable with the woman asking me questions every 2 seconds.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mc_grens

If it's the original Assault On Precinct 13 from the 70's it's a classic.

Brilliant.

Capt Pat

You left Full Metal Jacket off the Kubrick list and Dr Strangelove or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.

Goats Do Shave

Watched "This is England" the other night.

Some great acting in it. Decent story. Very watchable, without being outstanding. Built up to the very Disturbing end, quite well.

nrico2006

Have been meaning to watch Assault on Precinct 13 for a while, so taped it last night.  Is it any good?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bogball XV

I did exactly the same, watched Generation Kill in Jan and the Hurt Locker in Feb - pretty much ruined Hurt locker for me, it was grand, but not a patch on Generation Kill.