Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Sin City is on BBC2 tonight, is it any use?

Agnes Dipesto

Sin City is very good well worth the watch. Watched Robin Hood last week and thought it was ok, not one of Crowe's best and he got some severe criticism over the accent.  Also watched Shutter Island at long last and have to agree, you can see the twist a mile off.

ross4life

Quote from: paco on October 23, 2010, 07:54:37 PM
Sin City is on BBC2 tonight, is it any use?

Excellent film, Mickey Rourke bit is the best followed closely by Benicio del Toro (Jackie Boy)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

trileacman

Seen RED last night. The worst film I've seen in years. Honestly. T'was like something Sylvester Stallone grandchild wrote on the bus to school and filmed one weekend when the actors hadn't that much to do. I began daydreaming in the middle of it about work and then came round to watching the film again. I then got pissed off because this load of bollix had interrupted my train of thought and started trying to think what I was day-dreaming of. Its really that bad if not a degree worse.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

maggie

Very witty TM.
What were u daydreaming about?

Denn Forever

The Fisher King tonight on TG4 tonight at 9.00. 

Have to watch it again to see if it was as good as I remember.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

I'm thinking of going to see Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole this week. I'm sure the story is average enough, but the visual effects look outstanding. Anyone seen it yet?
Testing Accessibility

paco

Quote from: ziggysego on October 25, 2010, 09:09:23 PM
I'm thinking of going to see Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole this week. I'm sure the story is average enough, but the visual effects look outstanding. Anyone seen it yet?

Boycotting it since my local cinema decided it would attract more punters than The Social Network.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Agnes Dipesto on October 23, 2010, 08:02:28 PM
Sin City is very good well worth the watch. Watched Robin Hood last week and thought it was ok, not one of Crowe's best and he got some severe criticism over the accent.  Also watched Shutter Island at long last and have to agree, you can see the twist a mile off.

The thing is you are not supposed to know there is a twist before going to see the movie. Go and see it when it comes out in the cinema first. I went to see the sixth sense without know ing there was a twist in it. That is what made the movie great. With both movies the twist is right there in front of you if you know one is coming.

tyrone girl

Exactlty. Its put me off even watchin the film now. Was looking forward to seeing it until everyone on here and anywhere else saying oh theres such a twist at the end. Im thinking wtf did u tell me that for so now i wont enjoy the film cos il work out the ending or at least try to. Are people thick?

Canalman

Watched a heap of films at weekend. For what it's worth here is my sixpenceworth

Bad day at Blackrock................. class class film.
Cronos and Devil's Backbone........................ (2 delTorro (sic) horror films) on Film4. Both very average imo and about as scary as approaching a roundabout.
King Rat...............................POW film from the 60s. Worth a watch. Great cast.

paco

Spoilt for choice tonight. Training Day just started on Sky1 and the original Alien film on film4 in just under 2 hours.

nrico2006

Only saw Alien for the 1st time a few months ago, average at best to be honest.  Hope the sequel is better when I get around to seeing it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Saw The Social Network last night. Cannot recommend it highly enough.Wasn't my choice of flick but really enjoyed it.

Family guy

Quote from: Canalman on November 01, 2010, 10:41:50 AM
Saw The Social Network last night. Cannot recommend it highly enough.Wasn't my choice of flick but really enjoyed it.

Good movie alrite,found myself glued to it