Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Just after watching it too. Very good film. I'm surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did.

I am not a man, I am Ziggy!  :D
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

Without repeating myself

Quote from: ross4life on May 29, 2010, 07:29:03 PM
Got to see Looking for Eric Last night i was expecting a crappy footy film about Eric Cantona! but it was uplifting, entertaining and amusing film With some good acting by Cantona!

I think the film kinda gave the message if you smoke hash everything will be ok?

On second showing it's a good film
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Watched the social network this weekend. Very enjoyable show

DuffleKing

Watched the town the other night. remake of heat but good show all the same.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ross4life on October 11, 2010, 12:16:58 AM
Without repeating myself

Quote from: ross4life on May 29, 2010, 07:29:03 PM
Got to see Looking for Eric Last night i was expecting a crappy footy film about Eric Cantona! but it was uplifting, entertaining and amusing film With some good acting by Cantona!

I think the film kinda gave the message if you smoke hash everything will be ok?

On second showing it's a good film

Took an awful long time to get going, good ending to an average film I thought.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ziggysego

I had the afternoon to myself yesterday, so I watched I Love You, Beth Cooper. Biggest pile of rubbish I've seen in a long. A real pale versilon of American Pie, which it was trying to be.
Testing Accessibility

paco

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 11, 2010, 10:22:12 AM

Watched the town the other night. remake of heat but good show all the same.

Really enjoyed it myself. I like that Jeremy Renner fella, he was good in this and he was great in The Hurt Locker as well.

Capt Pat

Went to watch Walll Street tonight. Money never sleeps but you might watching this movie. Average City. Nothing new added to the genre.

6.5 out of 10.

SLIGONIAN

A complete history of my Sexual FailuresMovie on C4 last night

One of the funniest films i have ever seen. Did anyone else see it?

I thought it was original compelling and laugh out funny. The phonecall from the producer 15mins in was comedy gold.  :D

Please watch it, i nearly started a thread on its own so more people would read it, you have to see it, especially inbetweeners fans..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 12, 2010, 12:52:07 AM
Went to watch Walll Street tonight. Money never sleeps but you might watching this movie. Average City. Nothing new added to the genre.

6.5 out of 10.
Pity as was looking forward to it, but your review is pretty much the same as all the other reviews. Okay but not great.

Olly

I finally got around to watching Star Wars last night. Most people would be familiar with it.

It's a good film about these lads dressed up who go about Space having a good time and firing lazers at enemeies. There's a comic factor with the 2 metalic lads, one is a bit like Dr Zachary Smith out of Lost In Space and the other is a small metal wheelie bin called Ortodeeto who doesn't say a lot. But they work well together and for me it was there chemistry that was the focus for the story.

Mush is far fetched especially the costumes which begin to look like a joke gone wrong after half an hour. It is like a Halloween party lasting a week et and detracts from the over aim of making space a place where people can live safely. There is a clown in a dark costume call Dark Invader and his acting is atrocious. I know it was filmed decades ago but it doesn't take a genuis to devise a gap in his mask to talk through.

Still, children will enjoy it and although it won't make you intellectually better, it is entertaining and should do well from now on. 6/10.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

cookstownblue

Taking the woman to the cinema this weekend, any suggestions?

Olly

Lisburn is fairly good. Plenty of food outlets. Avoid the Kennedy Centre one, there are lots of women in pyjamas.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

cookstownblue

Quote from: Olly on October 15, 2010, 10:34:45 AM
Lisburn is fairly good. Plenty of food outlets. Avoid the Kennedy Centre one, there are lots of women in pyjamas.

Thanks. But I meant suggestions of a film  :-[

Your a gent Olly.

nrico2006

I am not sure if Back to the Future is still on there.

There is a new one out about your boy who created Facebook, looks decent.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'