Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 04, 2010, 11:14:12 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 03, 2010, 01:43:13 PM
Rare trip to the picture house this weekend to see The Town. Very good show, really liked it but you can definitely see parts of other films in it.

Dying to see it myself.  Would love to see Back to the Future in the cinema too.
So would I, but I think the 25th anniversary screenings are confined to the US, unless you know different.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 04, 2010, 07:34:17 PM
Rare trip to the picture house this weekend to see The Town. Very good show, really liked it but you can definitely see parts of other films in it.

Dying to see it myself.  Would love to see Back to the Future in the cinema too.
So would I, but I think the 25th anniversary screenings are confined to the US, unless you know different.

A friend of mine saw it in Lisburn yesterday afternoon.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on October 04, 2010, 07:52:01 PM

Interesting. Didn't know that. Digitally remastered or tweaked or original?

lilpaulie85

mr. nice out in cinemas 8 oct looks like its going to be a belter, based on the book by howard marks, one the worlds biggest cannabis smugglers during the 70's and 80's,. its his life story
Chase the dream not the competition.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 04, 2010, 08:07:30 PM

Er.. never asked him. :/
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Not sure, but it was in Lisburn all weekend but not sure for how long. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

leenie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 28, 2010, 07:13:08 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 28, 2010, 07:09:43 PM
Finally got around to watching Shutter Island - great show - left me thinking a lot at the end - plays with the mind a little - 8.5 out of 10

It was obvious after 15mins what it was about,was to me anyway

i have watched it a few times and i still can't make my mind up about ending....
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Capt Pat

I think that is the point that a lot of these " I worked it out after 5 minutes "people have missed. You can't know the outcome after 5 minutes, even after it is all over it is hard to put it altogether and have it all make sense.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 05, 2010, 09:12:32 PM
I think that is the point that a lot of these " I worked it out after 5 minutes "people have missed. You can't know the outcome after 5 minutes, even after it is all over it is hard to put it altogether and have it all make sense.

I thought it was pretty straight forward to be honest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Digitally remastered with new special effects I heard
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I think that is the point that a lot of these " I worked it out after 5 minutes "people have missed.
You can't know the outcome after 5 minutes, even after it is all over it is hard to put it altogether and have it all make sense.
they're talking shite, no they didnt
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

King Henry

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 05, 2010, 09:45:15 PM
I think that is the point that a lot of these " I worked it out after 5 minutes "people have missed.
You can't know the outcome after 5 minutes, even after it is all over it is hard to put it altogether and have it all make sense.

Why's that? Because you didn't you hate to think someone else did?
I had a idea myself half way thru that he was a actual patient in the hospital,I was told there was a huge twist in the film before I went to see,so I kind of figured it out through process of elimination as the movie went on.
Obviously I didn't know till the end that I was right but I did think it was a pretty obvious twist.
But you know me better than I know myself so I suppose your right and I'm lying ::) 
I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

pintsofguinness

Quote from: King Henry on October 05, 2010, 09:55:11 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 05, 2010, 09:45:15 PM

Why's that? Because you didn't you hate to think someone else did?
I had a idea myself half way thru that he was a actual patient in the hospital,I was told there was a huge twist in the film before I went to see,so I kind of figured it out through process of elimination as the movie went on.
Obviously I didn't know till the end that I was right but I did think it was a pretty obvious twist.
But you know me better than I know myself so I suppose your right and I'm lying ::)
You shouldnt be so sensitive.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 05, 2010, 09:43:26 PM

I thought it was pretty straight forward to be honest

Same here. Plus Capt Pat, as the film ended how I predicted in the first 5 mins.
Testing Accessibility

Denn Forever

Just finished watching Looking for Eric.  Lovely heartwarming film.

Just thinking that there is no other sporting icon that it could be about.  Just think.  Can't name anyone else ???
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...