Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Big fan of Tony Jaa
Watched Ong Bak 2 on Monday there  - thought it was a great show.  Would love to see what this man could do for real on the streets or in the Cage.....

didn't enjoy clash of the titans at all though in fairness i think i was comparing it too much to the original and didnt give it much chance

inglorius basterds was good enough - Pitt played a good but partial role from what i was expecting

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ross4life

So the ending of No Country for Old Men means.. Sometimes evil wins? another good Coen brothers film but for me Fargo is better
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Canalman

Watched Blues Brothers for the umpteenth time last night. Class class film which has aged very well.

Olly

I watched ET for the first time last night. It's a well known tale about an alien who is landed on earth by his parents so that he can collect information on the human race. A young lad called Elliot I think takes him under his wing and rides him, about on his bicycle. The rest of the story is about keeping the secret from these horrible men who walk around in spaceman suits, trying to take things from children. I'll not spoil the end in case anyone hasn't sen it but it's a real tear-jerker, especially when the alien returns to his mothership and the young lad Elliot is blurting.

None of the cast are famous.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

Quote from: ross4life on September 08, 2010, 11:49:26 PM
So the ending of No Country for Old Men means.. Sometimes evil wins? another good Coen brothers film but for me Fargo is better

That is the truth. You get oscars for services to the movie industry. Fargo was a classic, that earned the Coen brothers their reputation and ultimately all those oscars for a more average movie No Country for old men.

screenexile

Saw Dinner for Schmucks. . . really not sure about it. For the first half I was extremely unamused, got up and went to the toilet but when I came back it was great.

Steve Carrell has to be one of the best comic actors for a long long time. He is fantastic!!

ANyway 6.5/10

nrico2006

Though 'The Man Who Wasn't There' was as good as Fargo.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ross4life

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 09, 2010, 04:39:04 PM
Though 'The Man Who Wasn't There' was as good as Fargo.

Must give it a watch so, have you seen Blood Simple its another good one
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: screenexile on September 09, 2010, 02:18:45 PM
Saw Dinner for Schmucks. . . really not sure about it. For the first half I was extremely unamused, got up and went to the toilet but when I came back it was great.

Steve Carrell has to be one of the best comic actors for a long long time. He is fantastic!!

ANyway 6.5/10

Yeah thought it was pretty good. The guy from "Flight of the Conchords" was excellent in it.

Canalman

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 09, 2010, 01:49:04 PM

That is the truth. You get oscars for services to the movie industry. Fargo was a classic, that earned the Coen brothers their reputation and ultimately all those oscars for a more average movie No Country for old men.

Totally agree...........Scorsese and The Departed being a case in point.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 09, 2010, 01:49:04 PM

each to their own lads, i didn't like fargo and think ncfom is one of the best movies of recent years.

ross4life

Quote from: Olly on September 09, 2010, 11:19:09 AM
I watched ET for the first time last night. It's a well known tale about an alien who is landed on earth by his parents so that he can collect information on the human race. A young lad called Elliot I think takes him under his wing and rides him, about on his bicycle. The rest of the story is about keeping the secret from these horrible men who walk around in spaceman suits, trying to take things from children. I'll not spoil the end in case anyone hasn't sen it but it's a real tear-jerker, especially when the alien returns to his mothership and the young lad Elliot is blurting.

Sure Drew Barrymore is an famous actress, known mostly for her works as a child... she was also excellent in Firestarter

Orangemac

Totally agree about No Country great up to last 15 minutes.

Bit like O Brother, Big Lebowski great up to the end.

Is it Javier Bardem the killer? One bad ass. Scene in the shop with the old boy.....freaky.

AFS

Quote from: ross4life on September 09, 2010, 09:11:10 PM
Quote from: Olly on September 09, 2010, 11:19:09 AM

Sure Drew Barrymore is an famous actress, known mostly for her works as a child... she was also excellent in Firestarter

Who?