Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Watched Zack and Miri last night - thought it was very very funny.

nrico2006

Dear John is up there with the Notebook.

The Blindside is a good show, wasn't expecting much from it to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 06, 2010, 08:49:09 AM
Dear John is up there with the Notebook.

The Blindside is a good show, wasn't expecting much from it to be honest.
Is dear John really that bad? They were showing it on a flight I was on a few months ago and I could only stick ten mins of it.

spuds

Anyone with Film4 'Once Upon a Time in America' is just starting
fantastic film
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Archie Mitchell

This is England starting now on Ch4. Great show and the tv series starts tomorrow night too.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 06, 2010, 11:14:18 PM
This is England starting now on Ch4. Great show and the tv series starts tomorrow night too.
Forgot about it. Cheers Archie!

Capt Pat

I saw the last exorcism. It is a cross between the exorcism and the blair witch project. Like the latter the ending is a bit of an anti climax, unlike the latter at least it has an ending.

7 out of 10.

Derry Dolly

recently viewed..

ChloƩ - Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore. good show,unpredictable bits through it
Inception - very impressed.kept you watching whole way if a little confusing
A-team- cheesy but brilliant. very entertaining

paco

Seen Dinner for Schmucks last night, hilarious, definitely the funniest film I've seen this year. No Country for Old Men tonight on RTE1, looking forward to it!

Hardy

I saw In Bruges last night (leading edge, me). I wasn't prepared for how good it was. It's hard to think of a better Irish film. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, given the writer/director. Brendan Gleeson gave a tremendous, though apparently effortless performance. Highly recommended.

Puckoon

Quote from: Hardy on September 08, 2010, 04:04:51 PM
I saw In Bruges last night (leading edge, me). I wasn't prepared for how good it was. It's hard to think of a better Irish film. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, given the writer/director. Brendan Gleeson gave a tremendous, though apparently effortless performance. Highly recommended.

That seems to be how he rolls. I enjoy everything he is in - a lot of the time mainly because he is in it!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on September 08, 2010, 04:04:51 PM
Farrell was good too but I can't remember the last decent movie he has done outside of In Bruges.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Derry Dolly on September 07, 2010, 12:41:19 PM
recently viewed..

ChloƩ - Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore. good show,unpredictable bits through it
Inception - very impressed.kept you watching whole way if a little confusing
A-team- cheesy but brilliant. very entertaining

Have to say I thought Chole was pretty poor viewing. Watched it last week and was very dissappointed!!

Capt Pat

Dinner for schmucks is a funny movie, lots of stupid laughs Steve Carrels character steals the show.

7.5 out of 10.

Tony Baloney

No Country For Old Men on rte1 tonight.