Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Canalman on July 30, 2010, 10:01:19 AM
Goal 2 on telly tonight. Worth a watch lads? Enjoyed the 1st Goal where he went to Newcastle FC. Not an oscar winner but very watchable.
Ah here....

screenexile

Quote from: Canalman on July 30, 2010, 10:01:19 AM
Goal 2 on telly tonight. Worth a watch lads? Enjoyed the 1st Goal where he went to Newcastle FC. Not an oscar winner but very watchable.

What now?? Are you havin a bubble son??!

Canalman

Only asked a question ffs. I take it then Goal 2 is not worth watching. The western on TG4 it will have to be I suppose.

ballinaman

Quote from: Canalman on July 30, 2010, 12:06:45 PM
Only asked a question ffs. I take it then Goal 2 is not worth watching. The western on TG4 it will have to be I suppose.
it's shocking but the terrible cameos from zidane and beckham are worth a look for a laugh at least....clip is prob on youtube,save ya the pain of sitting though the whole movie.

Santino

As a massive A Team fan in my youth I have to say the new movie is pretty much everything i wanted it to be after waiting 20 yrs on it!
All actors did a great job and the right cheese/action ratio.
Only gripe is them not using the most iconic TV theme of all time as an intro.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Santino on July 30, 2010, 12:40:42 PM
As a massive A Team fan in my youth I have to say the new movie is pretty much everything i wanted it to be after waiting 20 yrs on it!

I thought they might have pumped it out at the end... must be a rights issue?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Canalman on July 30, 2010, 12:06:45 PM

I am Legend on TV3 tonight at 22.45 - definitely worth watching
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Santino on July 30, 2010, 12:40:42 PM

Greatest TV theme of all time, without question!

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 29, 2010, 09:14:37 AM
Went to see the A - Team last night. Had to say I enjoyed it... It's been fairly well cast. Neeson can be a little annoying at times & some of the action scenes are over the top (& hard to watch with the shaky cam.) but overall it's entertaining with lots of humerous quips!
It woudlnt be the A Team if the action themes weren't over the top
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Nothing beats it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM&feature=related

Tried the film tonight again - it's just ok but it's not he A Team as I know them....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Santino

Actually after watching that Pints, other gripes are no cars being overturned and no silly disguises for Neeson!

delboy

Quote from: Santino on July 31, 2010, 12:37:52 PM
Actually after watching that Pints, other gripes are no cars being overturned and no silly disguises for Neeson!

Shocking all together they even had people getting shot and staying dead, in the tv show nobody ever got shot and anybody involved in an explosion or crash was always able to shake it off, they've sucked all the realism of the original out of it for me  ;)

nrico2006

Quote from: delboy on August 02, 2010, 02:13:41 PM
Quote from: Santino on July 31, 2010, 12:37:52 PM

Shocking all together they even had people getting shot and staying dead, in the tv show nobody ever got shot and anybody involved in an explosion or crash was always able to shake it off, they've sucked all the realism of the original out of it for me  ;)

I get what you are saying but a lot of posters on here seem to be upset at how the film is not the same as the original, but how could it be unless we time travelled back twenty five odd years.  All these remakes are exactly that, you cannot replicate the original show so many years later, even if you had the same cast which obviously is impossible in this case.  Nostalgia is a great thing, and I think alot of what people of a certain age like about the A Team, Incredible Hulk or Knightrider was the setting, the cars, the culture of the time, basically the 80's as that is when most of us here were most impressionable.  Certain factors cannot be replicated, no matter how big a budget a studio has and how many CGI Special effects are chucked in.  It was actually the lack of a humongous budget which made us love shows like the A Team etc.

On another note, I think there was actualy two people who died on screen during the show, which is pretty poor from a marksmans POV considering there must have been 1 few hundred bullets fired an episode.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Zapatista

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 28, 2010, 12:04:03 AM
Saw Inception at the weekend - serious movie throughly enjoyable even if I had to concentrate unbelievably hard at it!!  Very cleverly written and even if the ending was slightly predictable, I'm not sure that it was a bad ending

+ 1

Watched it yesterday.

I liked it up to and including the end and was even happy thinking about it this morning. I think it's worth sitting back and enjoying and not concentrating too hard, it's a long movie.

nrico2006

Watched Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels for the first time in years on Sunday, very enjoyable.  Also got a hold of Daybreakers, and I was expecting a bit more than what I saw, pretty poor to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'