Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Looking forward to "The damned united" which is going to be on TV in the next few weeks.

July 18th, 9:00pm on BBC 2 London and BBC HD
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Watched Be Kind Rewind earlier today. Jaysus that was an awful film to sit through. I thought with Danny Glover and Jack Black in it, it would have been good. Was glad when it was over.
Testing Accessibility

AbbeySider

Quote from: ziggysego on July 12, 2010, 03:11:55 AM
Watched Be Kind Rewind earlier today. Jaysus that was an awful film to sit through. I thought with Danny Glover and Jack Black in it, it would have been good. Was glad when it was over.

I kinda liked it. I guess if you are a fan of 80's films there is a lot of funny parts.

What did you think of the likkle kids rapping in the shop? Fuzzy Wozzy... etc.
That that bit was very funny  :)

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: mc_grens on July 07, 2010, 09:24:00 AM
Empire has it's Inception review up online. I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited for this one.

So am I.  But then I am a big Chris Nolan fan, think his a brilliant director.  I love The Prestige.

Canalman

Prestige and Insomnia imo both very good.

Memento pure tosh imo. Herdlike fawning over it because noone knows wtf it is all about. Any movie that needs repeat viewing to undersrtand is just a bad film.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Canalman on July 12, 2010, 12:50:31 PM
Prestige and Insomnia imo both very good.

Memento pure tosh imo. Herdlike fawning over it because noone knows wtf it is all about. Any movie that needs repeat viewing to undersrtand is just a bad film.

Memento is a brilliant film and come on in fairness going by your logic that would make The Prestige a bad film as many people needed repeat viewing to understand it.  I didn't think Memento was that hard to follow.

Puckoon

Watched wolfman with Benicio Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins last night (they were in the movie, not watching it with me).

Watchable enough show, kinda enjoyed it.

ziggysego

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 12, 2010, 09:12:16 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 12, 2010, 03:11:55 AM

I kinda liked it. I guess if you are a fan of 80's films there is a lot of funny parts.

What did you think of the likkle kids rapping in the shop? Fuzzy Wozzy... etc.
That that bit was very funny  :)

Na, didn't find that bit funny either.

Saw Green Zone earlier today. Now that was a very good film. Kept my attention the whole way through.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night. Very good show, if a shade too long in my opinion. Definitely worth watching and don't let the subtitles put you off.

fcuksake

Watched Green Zone tonight. Average enough
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

paco

Going to see Predators tonight, can't wait! Anyone seen it or heard reports?

ross4life

Quote from: paco on July 13, 2010, 05:00:01 PM
Going to see Predators tonight, can't wait! Anyone seen it or heard reports?

Mixed reviews on Yahoo http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810151629/info

Still won't stop me going to see it myself
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Seen a few over the past few days. Thought Predators was decent enough, maybe it was just the nostalgia factor that meant I was never not going to enjoy it, but like the other few films I've seen in the cinema this Summer, I left feeling that it was yet another one which failed to live up to it's potential. Watched Platoon yesterday, brilliant and probably the best war film I've seen. Finally, rented Shutter Island last night, jesus that was one strange film! I enjoyed it though, and it was unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Canalman

Saw Midnight Run again on E4(I think) on Tuesday last. Absolutely brilliant.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Canalman on July 15, 2010, 02:00:46 PM
Saw Midnight Run again on E4(I think) on Tuesday last. Absolutely brilliant.
Cracking show