Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

What is Shutter Island like?  I am tempted by it but then again it looks like one of those stupid supernatural movies from certain clips I have saw, is it any good?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 07, 2010, 08:57:10 AM
Quote from: J OGorman on July 07, 2010, 12:09:20 AM
Just watched 'Green Zone', great show. Had the blood boiling

Weird, I saw it the night before last too.
It was mediocre, nothing new in the story so I dont know how it had the blood boiling?

Good action film with some nice effects but I found it a bit pretentious.
It was as if it was the film was whistle-blowing on the whole story when everyone already knew what happened.

Its crazy that countries like America get away with it. If it was anyone else they could face a war crimes tribunal.

Agree with most of that. Wonder how the film went down in Amerique? The film ended a bit sharpish too. Was hoping to see Bush in the Hague, and then hanging from a noose.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AFS

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 07, 2010, 09:54:21 AM
What is Shutter Island like?  I am tempted by it but then again it looks like one of those stupid supernatural movies from certain clips I have saw, is it any good?

Nothing supernatural in it. More of a 'psychological thriller'. I didn't think it was up to much.

screenexile

Watched Get Him to the Greek last night. I can't lie I found it really funny, hilarious in parts. It does what it says on the tin, Russell Brand and P Diddy are basically playing themselves in a movie but they have some cracking lines and the scene with the furry wall nearly had me off my chair. Quite crude in parts but very worth it. Best comedy I've seen in a long time.

Also can't wait to see Inception!!!

Capt Pat

I have to admit I fell asleep during it. Ordinary stuff really. Like the man said there were no revelations in this movie for anyone above the age of 18.

mc_grens

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 07, 2010, 09:54:21 AM

Good flick. Excellent Di Caprio performance.

J OGorman

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 07, 2010, 08:57:10 AM

nothing new in the story so I dont know how it had the blood boiling?

Its crazy that countries like America get away with it. If it was anyone else they could face a war crimes tribunal.

you answered it for me lad

paco

Munich on BBC2 tonight at 10.45 and Road to Perdition on film4 at 9, heard good reports from both but have seen neither, anyone recommend which one to watch?

Celt_Man

Quote from: paco on July 10, 2010, 09:01:50 PM
Munich on BBC2 tonight at 10.45 and Road to Perdition on film4 at 9, heard good reports from both but have seen neither, anyone recommend which one to watch?

I've seen both... Munich recently but haven't seen Road to Perdition in a good while. Munich is a serious flick, you can't look passed it
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 10, 2010, 09:09:58 PM

I've seen both... Munich recently but haven't seen Road to Perdition in a good while. Munich is a serious flick, you can't look passed it
Munich is well worth a watch. Like Celt man it's been too
many years since seeing Road to Perdition to comment on it - which might point to the fact that it wasn't memorable!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 10, 2010, 09:27:48 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on July 10, 2010, 09:09:58 PM

Munich is well worth a watch. Like Celt man it's been too
many years since seeing Road to Perdition to comment on it - which might point to the fact that it wasn't memorable!

Too late now but you should've watched C). All The Presidents Men on TG4.

Pure classic.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

full moon

Quote from: screenexile on July 07, 2010, 11:01:39 AM
Watched Get Him to the Greek last night. I can't lie I found it really funny, hilarious in parts. It does what it says on the tin, Russell Brand and P Diddy are basically playing themselves in a movie but they have some cracking lines and the scene with the furry wall nearly had me off my chair. Quite crude in parts but very worth it. Best comedy I've seen in a long time.

Also can't wait to see Inception!!!

Agreed, it was brilliant!

Capt Pat

Road to Perdition is excellent in my opinion, one of my favourites. It is not an either or choice, both Movies Munich and Road to Perdition are highly rated.

Which one did you watch?

paco

Couldn't decide so made some room on Sky+ and recorded both! I have some amount of films recorded this past month or so that I will get the chance to watch this week. Watched Leaving Las Vegas, a good film but I found it quite depressing.

Canalman

Munich imo very average.

Road to Perdition is a classic.Brilliant cast.