Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Went to the cinema last night to watch Hot Tub Time Machine. Good craic and plenty of laughs in it. It's in the same vein as The Hangover, so if you enjoyed it, you'll like this also. Was also great seeing Chevy Chase back on the big screen again, even if it was only a small role he had.

So if you liked The Hangover and like cheap laughs, it's not a bad way to evening.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

Trunk shot from Tarantino's films

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

"What Howard Johnson says is right!"

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 12, 2010, 06:28:57 PM
I don't like westerns.

I blame the oul boy for repeatedly watching the good the bad and the ugly.  Couldnt stand it.

You wouldnt have lasted a day back then. You'd have been shot in the back comin out of an old saloon.

(For bein cantankerous). ;)

pintsofguinness

if I lived back then puck I'd have all in front of me shot!

Seen Robin Hood tonight, fuckin brilliant! Some great battle scenes. Most enjoyable film I seen in a long time. Can't wait for the sequel.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

I don't like westerns.

I blame the oul boy for repeatedly watching the good the bad and the ugly.  Couldnt stand it.

I agree with you Pints, sick of them. Dad watched a lot of them when I was growing up, so that probably what sickened me to them. He's watching one on TG4 now.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

i tried to watched "i'm not there" last night... watched about 40mins but just couldn't get into it...

is it worth watching the end?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ross4life

Finally got to see Clash of the Titans & Hot tub Time Machine, titans wasn't a patch on the original they seemed to put more effort into the 3d effects but it had some good scenes  & hot Tub was enjoyable (squirrel bit really funny) hangover is still better than this IMO

I would recommend both films but don't expect classics, time to watch Robin hood, Iron man 2 & looking forward to Predators in July  :)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on May 15, 2010, 06:23:22 PM
Finally got to see Clash of the Titans & Hot tub Time Machine, titans wasn't a patch on the original they seemed to put more effort into the 3d effects but it had some good scenes  & hot Tub was enjoyable (squirrel bit really funny) hangover is still better than this IMO

I would recommend both films but don't expect classics, time to watch Robin hood, Iron man 2 & looking forward to Predators in July  :)

Now you're talking....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

paco

They must have been listening to everyone on here talking about Westerns. 3:10 to Yuma tonight at 9pm on channel 5, anyone seen it? Any use?

Celt_Man

Quote from: paco on May 16, 2010, 06:52:45 PM
They must have been listening to everyone on here talking about Westerns. 3:10 to Yuma tonight at 9pm on channel 5, anyone seen it? Any use?

Yea very enjoyable movie.  Crowe, Bale and especially Ben Foster give good performances
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

5 Sams

I don't like westerns.

Showing my age here...but...we won the Rice Cup in 1975...beat St Marys Belfast in the Final in Davitt Park...our reward was watching The Good,The Bad and The Ugly on a big screen in the assembly hall and all the minerals and crisps you could handle....the boots were filled :)
The Aristocrat Years

longrunsthefox

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 14, 2010, 11:09:11 PM

Seen Robin Hood tonight, fuckin brilliant! Some great battle scenes. Most enjoyable film I seen in a long time. Can't wait for the sequel.

It was rubbish... a poor man's Brave Heart. Rubbish story, predictable battles and a very pointless movie.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 16, 2010, 07:43:59 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 14, 2010, 11:09:11 PM

It was rubbish... a poor man's Brave Heart. Rubbish story, predictable battles and a very pointless movie.
Nonsense.
Pointless movie? all movies are pointless.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

paco

A poor man's Braveheart might not necessarily be a bad thing? Also got to watch Man on Fire after recording it on Thursday, good show, wasn't quite as emotional as I had been led to believe, good film all the same.

"On to the next life for you, my friend. Don't worry, you won't be lonely"