Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 10, 2010, 11:16:14 PM
Just watchin PS I love you for about the 10th time. Its class

Comments like that lead me to point this out to you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

bingobus

Bought Platoon for a fiver on DVD a few weeks back. Cracking show as was Full metal jacket.

Canalman

Man on Fire on RTÉ tonight at 10.30pm. Cracking film and well worth a watch if you haven't seen it before.
Doesn't portray Mexico city very well.

nrico2006

Man On Fire is class.  Denzel has done some class films in his time, some of my favourites being Fallen, He Got Game,John Q, Deja Vu, Hurricane and Man On Fire.  Looking forward to seeing that Book Of Eli one.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Nrico, would add Glory and Training Day to that list.

nrico2006

Haven't seen Glory, must get it out sometime.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

paco

Looking forward to Man on Fire tonight, one of the few Denzel films I've yet to see.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 12, 2010, 10:49:38 AM
Man On Fire is class.  Denzel has done some class films in his time, some of my favourites being Fallen, He Got Game,John Q, Deja Vu, Hurricane and Man On Fire.  Looking forward to seeing that Book Of Eli one.

Watched The Taking of Pelham 123 the other night and thought it was very good, I be a fan of Denzel films myself
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mc_grens

Quote from: paco on May 12, 2010, 11:28:38 AM
Looking forward to Man on Fire tonight, one of the few Denzel films I've yet to see.

I defy you not to have a tear in your eye at the end. Great flick.

Doogie Browser

Had Shane skyplussed a few weeks there and watched it last night again, a classic Western, bloody brilliant show and nearly 60yrs old.

ballinaman

Quote from: mc_grens on May 12, 2010, 12:57:02 PM
Quote from: paco on May 12, 2010, 11:28:38 AM

I defy you not to have a tear in your eye at the end. Great flick.
Easy. Dakota Fanning looks like a demon child.Good movie but found it very slow to get going and about 20mins too long

ballinaman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 12, 2010, 12:59:54 PM
Had Shane skyplussed a few weeks there and watched it last night again, a classic Western, bloody brilliant show and nearly 60yrs old.
Do you have to be that age to like that movie? :D

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ballinaman on May 12, 2010, 01:07:39 PM
:D cheeky bastid  :-[

The Iceman

What would be your top 3 Westerns?

Mine are: 1. The good, the bad and the ugly   2. Unforgiven    3. The Searchers
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ballinaman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 12, 2010, 01:08:25 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 12, 2010, 01:07:39 PM
:D cheeky bastid  :-[
Ha,only messing,the auld lad always raves about that movie.