Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: ONeill on April 13, 2010, 08:15:45 PM
http://io9.com/5510050/when-a-bad-movie-has-one-incredibly-great-scene

Pandorum I thought was a very good movie. The ending  doesn't really give away what goes on in the movie.

Capt Pat

I saw Shelter tonight with Jonathan rhys Myers and Julie Ann Moore. A dark thriller,horror type movie with not a lot of violence. Very good, 7.5 out of 10

AbbeySider

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 13, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2010, 11:41:04 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2010, 11:29:11 PM
Scorpio in Dirty Harry was based on The Zodiac Killer.
dont like dirty harry.  One of my nephews thought he was dirty harry for a while though...

Ahh now, go away outta that.  Dirty Harry is great stuff, the first 3 were very good, fourth wasn't too bad and fifth I wasn't mad about... some classic lines though

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Mayor: I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore District. Understand? That's my policy.
Callahan: Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the b**tard; that's my policy.
Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.
Mayor: [after Callahan has left] I think he's got a point.

A man's got to know his limitations.
:D :D :D

[Harry's badge is being taken off him]

Harry Callahan: Here's a seven-point suppository, Captain.
Capt McKay: What did you say?
Harry Callahan: I said stick it in your ass!

Its great stuff

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Iceman on April 13, 2010, 08:47:56 PM
I watched Zombieland there last night - thought it was a very easy to watch film with a few chuckles...

If you get a chance to watch Ninja Assassin in Blu Ray HD do so - amazing amazing effects.
watched it there last night aswell, not usually my kind of show, but quite enjoyed it .
woody harleson very good and a few laughs in it
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Celt_Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 14, 2010, 09:34:38 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 13, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2010, 11:41:04 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2010, 11:29:11 PM
Scorpio in Dirty Harry was based on The Zodiac Killer.
dont like dirty harry.  One of my nephews thought he was dirty harry for a while though...

Ahh now, go away outta that.  Dirty Harry is great stuff, the first 3 were very good, fourth wasn't too bad and fifth I wasn't mad about... some classic lines though

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Mayor: I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore District. Understand? That's my policy.
Callahan: Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the b**tard; that's my policy.
Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.
Mayor: [after Callahan has left] I think he's got a point.

A man's got to know his limitations.

[Harry's badge is being taken off him]

Harry Callahan: Here's a seven-point suppository, Captain.
Capt McKay: What did you say?
Harry Callahan: I said stick it in your ass!

Its great stuff

Aye forgot about putting that one in there... laugh everytime at that one!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

leenie

i'm sure there is an actor thread but can't find it...

watched as good as it gets again the other night and the shinning last night and Jack Nicholson is by far one of the best actors ever.... I just think he is supberb could watch anything he is in!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on April 16, 2010, 07:39:26 PM

watched as good as it gets again the other night and the shinning last night and Jack Nicholson is by far one of the best actors ever.... I just think he is supberb could watch anything he is in!

He's brilliant in As Good As It Get. Great wee film. As shameful as it is, I've never actually seen The Shinning yet. Must rent it some night.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on April 16, 2010, 08:09:42 PM

He's brilliant in As Good As It Get. Great wee film. As shameful as it is, I've never actually seen The Shinning yet. Must rent it some night.
You could download it. I'm sure O'Neill could help you out.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2010, 08:59:07 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 16, 2010, 08:09:42 PM

You could download it. I'm sure O'Neill could help you out.

Sorry, illegal downloading isn't something I do.
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2010, 10:59:12 PM
I like serial killer stuff - watched the ted bundy film tonight.  It's criminal minds that got me in to it!

Same here pints - I have somewhat of a macabre fascination with serial killers

Zodiac - although somewhat slow is an enjoyable movie. Have the book as well

nrico2006

Serial killer films are brilliant.  I love the like of Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Manhunter, Seven, Zodiac, Kiss the Girls, The Bone Collector, Mr Brooks (different perspective). 

I see The Life of David Gale was on last night, ripping I missed that.  Haven't saw it apart from when it was first released and it was brilliant, well as far as I can remember.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AFS

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 19, 2010, 01:42:49 PM
Serial killer films are brilliant.  I love the like of Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Manhunter, Seven, Zodiac, Kiss the Girls, The Bone Collector, Mr Brooks (different perspective). 

I see The Life of David Gale was on last night, ripping I missed that.  Haven't saw it apart from when it was first released and it was brilliant, well as far as I can remember.

Three poor enough movies there I my opinion. Not in the same league as Silence of the Lambs, Manhunter or Zodiac.

ziggysego

I watched Uncle Buck for the first time in years last week. Excellent film, forgotten how good and funny John Candy was in it.
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Watched The Last of the Mohicans last night... might have said it before on here but it is a top flick...   Would be one of my favourites movies
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Eastern_Pride

Finally got around to watching The Wrestler.....Wow. I thought Mickey Rourke was immense, the subtle mix of compassion and anger was suberb. Mickey Rourke is God.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?