Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 07, 2010, 07:17:09 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on April 07, 2010, 03:22:09 PM
Is it scary? Anyone seen shutter island? Was gonna go see it tonight
I wouldnt...

thought it got good reviews and that it had a bit of a twist at the end. have it on download and was gonna watch it this weekend.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: clarshack on April 07, 2010, 11:47:07 PM
I wouldnt...

thought it got good reviews and that it had a bit of a twist at the end. have it on download and was gonna watch it this weekend.

Its not bad in fairness,I got the twist after about 5 mins though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: clarshack on April 07, 2010, 11:47:07 PM
I wouldnt...

If TRLL and I can see the twist coming, anyone can. One to avoid.
Testing Accessibility

Capt Pat

Watch Shutter Island, it is not as bad as these 2 are making out. The twist is obvious enough in a way, worth watching in the cinema as opposed to a download.

leenie

watched the The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus last night .... actually had to watch it twice...
still not sure what i make of it... its like  a good film inside a film... think gilliam tried to do to much with it... likes the premise though.

and just watched "an education"... it was a nice film expected more though with it being a nick hornby screenplay.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

What did you end up going to see last night tyrone girl?
Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

Didnt go zig - Shutter Island was only on at 6 15 in cookstown so was too early and there was frig all else on that interested me and dungannon had even more of a dung selection. Went to bingo instead  :-[

leenie

was looking through the summer releases  there and once i got through all the remakes i found a few worth watching (imo)....

The Expendables (20 August)

Sylvester Stallone has assembled an extraordinary team of crusty action heroes for his gung-ho mercenary blockbuster. Sly himself , Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke and Bruce Willis, all in the same film? With a cameo from Arnold Schwarzenegger? It's going to be a 1980s theme party with explosions.

The Other Guys (3 September)

Anchorman and Talladega Nights director Adam McKay reteams with his regular star Will Ferrell for a buddy comedy about two hapless cops (Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg) who idolise supertough enforcers Samuel L Jackson and Dwayne Johnson. If this is anything like as funny as Anchorman, it could be the comedy of the year.

Inception (16 July)

Leonardo DiCaprio plus Dark Knight director Chris Nolan equals blockbuster gold. Inception is described as a thriller "set within the architecture of the mind", and details are still sketchy, but a trailer full of morphing buildings and wall-bouncing gunfights suggests that we could have a Matrix-killer on our hands.

The remakes i am looking forward to.....

Robin Hood (14 May)
The A-Team (30 July)

Remakes i will be giving a miss

Bad Lieutenant (21 May)

Abel Ferrara's notorious cop flick, the one that featured Harvey Keitel destroying himself in almost unwatchable detail, has been "reimagined" by maverick director Werner Herzog as, well, a comedy. Kinda. Starring an absolutely mental Nic Cage, this promises to be one of the weirdest movies of the year.

The Karate Kid.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Iceman

I kind of like the look of the Karate Kid

I think it is a decent remake and a classic concept that has been around since Gordon Lau's effort.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

Get Carter (the original) starting now on Ch5.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Shocked at how good Kick Ass was. If i'd been told what it was about beforehand I wouldn't have gone. Really good film in that it's different and some crackin scenes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on April 08, 2010, 10:04:01 PM
Shocked at how good Kick Ass was. If i'd been told what it was about beforehand I wouldn't have gone. Really good film in that it's different and some crackin scenes.
Another one by Mrs. Jonathan Ross.

ONeill

Not sure what you mane there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ONeill on April 08, 2010, 10:24:05 PM
Not sure what you mane there.
She wrote the screenplay for it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on April 08, 2010, 10:04:01 PM

I know what you mean. I went because my sister and her husband wanted to go. It was surprisingly very good and I'm considering going back on Sunday with a cousin, as I've been raving to him about it.
Testing Accessibility